World of Darkness: Slasher is a sourcebook for the Chronicles of Darkness and Hunter: The Vigil. This book closely examines the role of the mass murderers and serial killers in the World of Darkness, including those under supernatural influences, and those that are hunters who have been pushed too far.
Summary[edit | edit source]
From the Onyx Path catalog:
- Blood Splatter
- There’s a different breed of killer out there. They aren’t driven by the need to drink blood or the pulse of the full moon. They kill because they have to, because murder is the only thing they know. Will you hunt the slashers — or join their ranks?
- A Chronicle Book for World of Darkness® and Hunter: The Vigil™
- A grim exploration of the slasher phenomenon: why are some humans—including some hunters—driven to kill? How can some of them shrug off bullets or ignore an axe to the skull?
- A look at a new hunter conspiracy driven to investigate, hunt—and hopefully arrest—supernatural serial killers: the FBI’s VASCU, or Vanguard Serial Crimes Unit.
- Learn how to use slashers in a story both as antagonists and as anti-hero protagonists. Examine the cruel Undertakings of the slashers of the World of Darkness.
- New weapons in the fight against slashers… as well as new slashers in the fight against everybody with a pulse. Includes new equipment, Tactics, Merits, and Endowments (including VASCU’s psychic Teleinformatics abilities).
Changeling[edit | edit source]
Introduction[edit | edit source]
The concept and influences of horror and the slasher genre.
Carvin' Jack[edit | edit source]
Chapter One: And There Was Blood[edit | edit source]
Details the famous and not-so-famous Slashers of history, as well as their usually violent interactions with the compacts and conspiracies of hunters. It also introduces a new conspiracy, the Vanguard Serial Crimes Unit (VASCU), and a new compact, the Hunt Club.
Cause and Effect[edit | edit source]
Chapter Two: The Mask and the Knife[edit | edit source]
How to create your own playable slasher, using new skills and archetypes known as Undertakings, followed by more details for both slashers and those who hunt them.
Thrill Kill Kult[edit | edit source]
Chapter Three: Many Shattered Minds[edit | edit source]
A set of essays from the book's authors on ways to use and twist the information in World of Darkness: Slasher to the best effect in campaigns and chronicles.
Background Information[edit | edit source]
Memorable Quotes[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
The Chevelier Theleme: Making yet another appearance into the hunter's world, the Chevelier describes an encounter with a cardinal in the Inquisition who takes far too much glee in his divine duty.
References[edit | edit source]
Chronicles of Darkness books
Hunter: The Vigil books