Werewolf: The Apocalypse Second Edition is an update of the core book with improved rules and additions to the Werewolf storyline.
From the White Wolf catalog:
- These are the final days -- the signs are clear: Even our pups know that this is the age of the Apocalypse.
- The humans have Corrupted the Earth, destroyed the Trees, slaughtered the Beasts, choked the Air, poisoned the Soil, clogged the Waters, unleashed the Eternal Fire.
- Now, the Wyrm rises to eclipse the Moon, devouring all within its grasp, hunting the hunters.
- There is no garden to which we can flee. There is nowhere to hide. The end is upon us -- when will you rage?
The Sacred Ways
The Prophecy of the Phoenix
One of the earliest Garou legends is the Prophecy of the Phoenix, which foretells the Apocalypse.
Chapter One: Introduction
Chapter Two: Setting
- The Litany
- Other Antagonists
- Developmental Neogenetics Amalgamated
Suggested Books and Films
- Of Wolves and Men, by Barry Lopez.
- Never Cry Wolf, by Farley Mowat (or see the film).
- American Indian Myths and Legends, selected and edited by Richard Erdoes and Alfonso Ortiz.
- Call of the Wild and White Fang, by Jack London.
- Moon Dance, by S.P. Somtow.
- Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, by Vice President Al Gore.
- The Wolfen (or read the book by Whitely Streiber).
- A Company of Wolves
- An American Werewolf in London
- The Wolf Man
- The Howling
Chapter Three: Storytelling
Chapter Four: Rules
Chapter Five: Character Creation
Chapter Six: Traits
Chapter Seven: The Spirit World
Chapter Eight: Systems
Chapter Nine: Drama
Other Supernatural Beings
- Changelings (Faeries)
- Pack Totems
- Enigmatic Spirits
- Weaver Spirits
- The Dark Trinity
Central Park: A Setting for Werewolf
This volume also features the full-color comic story Legacy Rite.
Certain information from the first Rulebook on other shapeshifters is also re-used here, such as there being shapeshifting pythons and enormous, sentient orangutans in Indonesian.
"The other members of the Changing Breed - the werecats, weremegatheriums, werealligators, and the like - were either driven to extinction or forced into far corners and caves." - Other Lycanthropes, Setting Chapter
- Evan Heals-the-Past: A lost Wendigo cub.
- Jonas Albrecht: Exiled Silver Fang.
- Mari Cabrah: Powerful Black Fury.
- Amara Windcrusher - Black Fury Philodox
- Aether-Tongue - Stargazer Galliard
- Walks-No-Road - Example Character: Silent Strider Galliard Lupus
- Bessa Sings-in-the-Mist - Children of Gaia Galliard
- Miranda Wayfarer - Children of Gaia Galliard
- Luna's Voice - Shadow Lord Ragabash
- Winter's Heart - Garou Ahroun
- Quincy Iredown - Glass Walker Galliard
- Brian, Wyrm-Takes-Last - Fianna Philodox
- Deathbear-rhya, Death-Takes-Last - Wendigo Garou
- Watcher-of-Wolves, another Garou keeper of the Silver Record
- Kate, Chaser-Never-Rests - Ragabash Garou
- Shines-Bright-Claws, Garou, Silver Record Tale
Central Park, Sept of the Green
- Mother Larissa
- Howard Koar ("Bareback")
- Simon Gentle ("Flash")
- Spotlight ("Zoo")
- Zachary Ellison ("Shade")
- Reverend Barnaby Morton - Bone Gnawer Theurge of "Hooverville"
- Wilhelm "Quarterback" Krause - Get of Fenris, Central Park Sept member
- Alexandra Zamyatin - Silver Fang Galliard, Central Park Sept member
- Gorgul - Dark Trinity Bane
- Raza - Dark Trinity Bane
- Fek - Dark Trinity Bane
- Calvert Vaux (Glass Walker Kinfolk)
- Frederick Law Olmstead (Bone Gnawer Kinfolk)
Book of the Wyrm
Werewolf: The Apocalypse books