The Discipline of Visceratika is the exclusive possession of the Gargoyle bloodline and is an extension of their natural affinity for stone, earth, and things made thereof. It features shapeshifting abilities similar to those of Protean, though with a greater emphasis on defense. While it is possible for other Cainites to learn Visceratika, the Gargoyles are unwilling to share such a valuable survival tool.
Included below are the official powers described in supplements for Vampire: The Masquerade. Sources are described below in the order they were printed.
- Skin of the Chameleon: Blend into your surroundings
- Whispers of the Chamber: The Gargoyle can detect others within an enclosed area approximately the size of a large apartment, even others that are actively avoiding detection, whether by natural or supernatural stealth.
- Scry the Hearthstone: Know where individuals are located within a structure
- Skin of the Chameleon: The Gargoyle's skin takes on the texture and tone of his surrounding, adding a the Gargoyles capacity for Stealth.
- Bond with the Mountain: Partially merge into stone or cement
- Voices of the Castle: As Whispers of the Chamber, but affecting an entire building or structure.
- Armor of Terra: Harden your skin to absorb damage much more easily
- Bond with Terra: Similar to the Protean power Earth Meld, the Gargoyle can meld with stone, brick, or asphalt, although a faint outline or reliefe will be visible in the material above where he rests. In that repect, it is more similar to Vampire: The Requiem's Protean.
- Flow Within the Mountain: Pass through stone or cement
- Stonestrength: The Gargoyle's flesh is hardened (gains one extra soak die), pain is deadened (wound/pain penalties reduced by one), and fire damage recieved is halved.
- Rockheart: similar to Stonestrength, the Gargoyle's innards calcify, reducing peircing damage to halve, and making staking effectively impossible (only if attacker's Strength + Potence is at least 7).
- Dark Statue: If Stamina and Fortitude permit and Frenzy is resisted, the Gargoyle may avoid the effects of direct sunlight by remaining completely still, and refrain from even the slightest movement or twitch.
- Crawling Chamber : The Gargoyle may animate and control appoximately a 100ft³ volume of stone, impart a base sentience, aloow it to reshape or ooze, and even to attack foes under direction or command.
^ Level 1
|Skin of the Chameleon||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 115|
|Whispers of the Chamber||Vampire Storytellers Handbook||Pg. 91|
^ Level 2
|Scry the Hearthstone||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 115|
|Skin of the Chameleon||Vampire Storytellers Handbook||Pg. 91|
^ Level 3
|Bond with the Mountain||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 116|
|Voices of the Castle||Vampire Storytellers Handbook||Pg. 91|
^ Level 4
|Armor of Terra||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 116|
|Bond with Terra||Vampire Storytellers Handbook||Pg. 91|
^ Level 5
|Flow Within the Mountain||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 116|
|Stonestrength||Vampire Storytellers Handbook||Pg. 91|
^ Level 6
|Dark Statue||Vampire Storytellers Handbook||Pg. 92|
|Rockheart||Vampire Storytellers Handbook||Pg. 92|
^ Level 7
|Crawling Chamber||Vampire Storytellers Handbook||Pg. 92|
|Vampire: The Masquerade Disciplines|
|Abombwe · Animalism · Auspex · Bardo · Celerity · Chimerstry · Daimonion · Dementation · Dominate · Flight · Fortitude · Melpominee · Mytherceria · Obeah · Obfuscate · Oblivion · Obtenebration · Potence · Presence · Protean · Quietus · Sanguinus · Serpentis · Spiritus · Temporis · Thanatosis · Valeren · Vicissitude · Visceratika|
|Blood Sorcery:||Abyss Mysticism · Akhu · Countermagic, Thaumaturgical · Dur-An-Ki · Mortis · Nahuallotl · Necromancy, Voudoun · Necromancy, Western · Ogham · Sadhana · Sihr · Thaumaturgy · Thaumaturgy, Dark · Thaumaturgy, Sielanic · Sorcery, Assamite · Sorcery, Anarch · Sorcery, Koldunic · Sorcery, Setite · Wanga|
|Defunct:||Deimos · Kai · Kineticism · Maleficia · Nihilistics · Rift · Striga|