Vampire Twentieth Anniversary Edition: The Dark Ages (also Vampire: The Dark Ages 20th Anniversary Edition, or simply V20 Dark Ages) is a game book published by Onyx Path Publishing, depicting the V20 version of the Dark Medieval setting of the World of Darkness.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Contents
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Chapter One: A Place in Time
- 2.3 Chapter Two: The Clans of Caine
- 2.4 Chapter Three: The Roads
- 2.5 Chapter Four: Character Creation
- 2.6 Chapter Five: Disciplines
- 2.7 Chapter Six: Rules
- 2.8 Chapter Seven: Dramatic Systems
- 2.9 Chapter Eight: Storytelling
- 2.10 Chapter Nine: The Dark Medieval World
- 2.11 Appendix A: Merits and Flaws
- 2.12 Appendix B: Apocrypha of the Clans
- 3 Background Information
- 4 Memorable Quotes
- 5 Characters
- 6 Terminology
Summary[edit | edit source]
From the White Wolf catalog:
- It's 1242. The Mongol army crushed Baghdad, then Russia under its heel, then moved on to devastate Poland and Hungary. The Holy Roman Empire stood to war with the Papacy. The second Lombard League wielded the word of the Pope and fought off Frederick II.
- The War of Princes rages. Patricide looms. Young powers look up the ladder to the next rungs, and see stagnation and hypocrisy. They see targets. When they look down, they see humanity. They see a power that could change everything. They see mortals organizing into universities and empires.
- In the mortal world of 1242, power shifted at the rate an army marched. For the undead, power shifts faster than a fire overtakes a haven. To the Damned, power flows as fast as blood from an ancient heart.
- Vampire 20th Anniversary Edition: The Dark Ages is a storytelling game of horrific power.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Introduction[edit | edit source]
Chapter One: A Place in Time[edit | edit source]
Chapter Two: The Clans of Caine[edit | edit source]
Chapter Three: The Roads[edit | edit source]
Details about the various Roads and their associated Paths that are followed by Cainites.
Chapter Four: Character Creation[edit | edit source]
Chapter Five: Disciplines[edit | edit source]
A list of the various discipline powers used by Cainites. Noteworthy for including several alterations to the standard disciplines that are used as a guideline, featuring a new take on Koldunic Sorcery and introducing a three-path system for disciplines like Valeren and Quietus.
Chapter Six: Rules[edit | edit source]
Rules how to play in a chronicle set in the Dark Medieval
Chapter Seven: Dramatic Systems[edit | edit source]
Chapter Eight: Storytelling[edit | edit source]
Advice on how to run a chronicle set in the Dark Medieval.
Chapter Nine: The Dark Medieval World[edit | edit source]
An overview over the political situation in two specific areas around 1242: Italy and Eastern Europe.
Appendix A: Merits and Flaws[edit | edit source]
A list of Merits and Flaws
Appendix B: Apocrypha of the Clans[edit | edit source]
Secret knowledge about the Clans, including alternate Roads, secret societies, informations about their past, as well as an alternate history where the Salubri were not exterminated, but joined the Sabbat as a full Clan.
Background Information[edit | edit source]
Memorable Quotes[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
Terminology[edit | edit source]
Vampire: The Masquerade books