Vampire: The Requiem Second Edition is a rulebook revision for Vampire: The Requiem. While keeping the basic premise and structure of the game intact, it dramatically overhauls the setting and rules. It incorporates elements from Requiem for Rome and the Requiem clanbooks, including the Strix, demonic antagonists that debuted in the Roman setting.
Originally titled Blood and Smoke: The Strix Chronicle, it was announced at Gen Con 2012. Between September 2012 and its release in December 2013, it was the subject of extensive open development on the Onyx Path and White Wolf blogs and forums. In 2014 the book was renamed to its current title.
- 1 Summary
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Chapter One: Who We Are Tonight
- 1.3 Chapter Two: The All Night Society
- 1.4 Chapter Three: Laws of the Dead
- 1.5 Chapter Four: Rules of the Night
- 1.6 Chapter Five: The Parliament of Owls
- 1.7 Chapter Six: The World We Die In
- 1.8 Chapter Seven: Storytelling
- 1.9 Appendix One: The Living
- 1.10 Appendix Two: Conditions
- 1.11 Epilogue
- 2 Background Information
- 3 Characters
- 4 References
From the Onyx Path catalog:
- Updated and revised core rule book for Vampire: The Requiem.
- Tonight, you become one of the Kindred, the beautiful and the damned who hide behind our ordinary world. Driven by a hunger like fire, you will struggle to maintain your humanity while immersed in a vicious society of monsters.
- Featuring Blood and Smoke: the Strix Chronicle.
- The sharks you swim with aren’t the only ones out there. Your Kindred are the smart, sexy vampires of pop culture, but you are haunted by the Strix -- the grisly, demon-possessed corpses of folklore. They slaughtered the Night-Senate of Rome, drowned the tombs of the Princes of Alexandria, and warred with the Plague Lords of Transylvania.
- Tonight, they’re loose on the streets of your city. Time for the sinners to become the saints, and the hunters to become the prey.
- Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition contains:
- A complete guide to playing a vampire in the World of Darkness. No other rulebooks are required, and the rules are fully compatible with The God-Machine Chronicle.
- Reimagined clans, covenants, and supernatural powers to create your perfect monster... and her friends and foes.
- A first-ever look at vampire domains around the world, from Tokyo to Berlin.
- Twenty unique Strix, as well as complete rules for building your own.
A general overview of Vampire the Requiem, including how Kindred are different from standard Vampires and inspirational media that helped create the game.
Chapter One: Who We Are Tonight
Overview of the character options for Vampires as well as in depth lore about what being each one entails.
Covers the Daeva, Gangel, Mekhet, Nosferatu, and Venture Clans.
Brief descriptions of the previous existence of the Akhud, Julii, and Pijavica Clans though does not provide rules for them.
Covers the Carthian Movement, Circle of the Crone, Invictus, Lancea et Sanctum and Ordo Dracul Covenants. Also covers the VII Covenant as an antagonistic Covenant dedicated to killing off all Vampires.
Brief descriptions of previously existing Covenants: Legion of the Dead, Gallows Post, Children's Crusade, and Tenth Choir. Though rules are not provided for them.
Chapter Two: The All Night Society
An in depth look into the world of Vampire the Requiem. Including what it means to be a Vampire, the Traditions/Laws of Vampire society, the structure of Vampire society around cities, how Vampires interact with one another in the Danse Macabre, and the Lexicon of terms.
Chapter Three: Laws of the Dead
Includes all of the rules for Vampire character creation.
- Character Creation Rules
- Vampire Touchstones, Blood Potency, Immortality, Torpor, and Final Death.
- Vampire abilities that every vampire has.
- How vampires turn others into vampires, feeding, sleeping, and bloodlines.
- How blood/vitae works.
- Downsides of being a vampire; sunlight, fire, Clan Banes, Frenzy, Torpor, and Humanity.
- Blood Sorcery
Chapter Four: Rules of the Night
Basic rules for Chronicles of Darkness games.
Chapter Five: The Parliament of Owls
Antagonist rules for the Strix. As well as pregen Strix.
Chapter Six: The World We Die In
Settings that a Storyteller can use as a jumping off point for a campaing.
Chapter Seven: Storytelling
Advice to Storytellers on how to run Vampire the Requiem games.
Appendix One: The Living
Rules for Blood Dolls and Ghouls.
Appendix Two: Conditions
List of all the conditions that exist in the game.
Originally titled Blood and Smoke: The Strix Chronicle' before being renamed to Vampire: The Requiem Second Edition. Similarly, the Second Edition rules update for the Chronicles of Darkness ("New World of Darkness") game line as a whole was originally included in The God-Machine Chronicle; later, it was fully updated to a new core rulebook, which was under development as "World of Darkness Second Edition" before it was finally released under the title Chronicles of Darkness: Revised Storytelling System Rulebook.
Vampire: The Requiem books