Vampire: The Requiem Second Edition is a rulebook revision for Vampire: The Requiem. While keeping the basic premise and structure of the game intact, it dramatically overhauls the setting and rules. It incorporates elements from Requiem for Rome and the Requiem clanbooks, including the Strix, demonic antagonists that debuted in the Roman setting.
Originally titled Blood and Smoke: The Strix Chronicle, it was announced at Gen Con 2012. Between September 2012 and its release in December 2013, it was the subject of extensive open development on the Onyx Path and White Wolf blogs and forums. In 2014 the book was renamed to its current title.
From the Onyx Path catalog:
- Updated and revised core rule book for Vampire: The Requiem.
- Tonight, you become one of the Kindred, the beautiful and the damned who hide behind our ordinary world. Driven by a hunger like fire, you will struggle to maintain your humanity while immersed in a vicious society of monsters.
- Featuring Blood and Smoke: the Strix Chronicle.
- The sharks you swim with aren’t the only ones out there. Your Kindred are the smart, sexy vampires of pop culture, but you are haunted by the Strix -- the grisly, demon-possessed corpses of folklore. They slaughtered the Night-Senate of Rome, drowned the tombs of the Princes of Alexandria, and warred with the Plague Lords of Transylvania.
- Tonight, they’re loose on the streets of your city. Time for the sinners to become the saints, and the hunters to become the prey.
- Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition contains:
- A complete guide to playing a vampire in the World of Darkness. No other rulebooks are required, and the rules are fully compatible with The God-Machine Chronicle.
- Reimagined clans, covenants, and supernatural powers to create your perfect monster... and her friends and foes.
- A first-ever look at vampire domains around the world, from Tokyo to Berlin.
- Twenty unique Strix, as well as complete rules for building your own.
Chapter One: Who We Are Tonight Edit
Lost Clans Edit
Broken Covenants Edit
Chapter Two: The All Night Society Edit
Chapter Three: Laws of the Dead Edit
Chapter Four: Rules of the Night Edit
Chapter Five: The Parliament of Owls Edit
Chapter Six: The World We Die In Edit
Chapter Seven: Storytelling Edit
Appendix One: The Living Edit
Appendix Two: Conditions Edit
Background Information Edit
Originally titled Blood and Smoke: The Strix Chronicle' before being renamed to Vampire: The Requiem Second Edition. Similarly, the Second Edition rules update for the Chronicles of Darkness ("New World of Darkness") game line as a whole was originally included in The God-Machine Chronicle; later, it was fully updated to a new core rulebook, which was under development as "World of Darkness Second Edition" before it was finally released under the title Chronicles of Darkness: Revised Storytelling System Rulebook.
Memorable Quotes Edit
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Vampire: The Requiem books
| Next book:|