Vampire: Prince of the City is a strategy board game based on Vampire: The Requiem.
From the White Wolf catalog:
- Do you have what it takes to rule the secret and Machiavellian world of the undead?
- Since time immemorial, the Kindred - vampires - have stalked unseen by the mortal masses upon whom they prey. Their world is a xenophobic, neo-feudal nightmare, and each city is ruled by a Prince, the most powerful and influential Kindred of them all. The Prince's word is inviolate and his actions are unquestionable. All Kindred turn to the Prince for protection, favor and for guidance in these modern nights.
- But the prince has been destroyed and his legacy is in ashes. The mantle of leadership must fall to another: one of the Primogen, vampiric elders who lead their unique clans of Kindred. The competition will be fierce, and only the most prestigious and cunning Kindred will prevail.
- Deals will be struck, alliances forged and agreements broken. Do you have the wits, guile and ruthlessness to become the new Prince of the City?
- Vampire: Prince of the City is a game of strategy and diplomacy of moderate complexity for 3 to 5 players set in the world of Vampire: The Requiem.
- High-quality components include five plastic miniatures, 100 full-color play cards, a full color board, five clan record cards, influence tokens, dice and an attractive box.
- This medium-complexity game requires no previous knowledge of Vampire and the subject matter has been kept appropriate for family play.
Vampire: Prince of the City was originally going to be a Vampire: The Masquerade board game. It was in development for so long, that it became a board game for Vampire: The Requiem instead. Listings for it can be found in White Wolf Catalogs from 1999 to 2000 (See Gallery).
Vampire: The Requiem products