From the White Wolf 1993-94 catalog:
- "The Garou cannot recover every cub. Those that suffer the First Change without the support of their tribe are lost, These Lunatics run alone in a cruel world of madness-until the Valkenburg Foundation steps in. The characters are recruited to become the Questing Pack and hunt down lost cubs, those who endanger themselves and the Veil with their madness. But, something casts a shadow on the Foundation. Can the Pack recognize the danger within and avert it in time? Valkenburg Foundation is a story supplement which includes five stories designed to be run in chronological order."
From the Back Cover:
- The Shattered Mind...
- The Garou cannot recover every cub. Those that suffer the First Change without the support of their tribe are lost. These lunatics run alone in a cruel world of madness - until the Valkenburg Foundation steps in. The characters are recruited to become the Questing Pack and hunt down the lost cubs, those who endanger themselves and the Veil with their madness.
- Plays Dark Tricks
- From the grimy streets of New York City to a bizarre government laboratory, the Questing Pack must journey to rescue lost cubs from their dark fates. But something casts a shadow on the Foundation. Can the Pack recognize the danger within and avert in time?
Legends of the Garou: Shadow of the Wolf
Selected journal entry of Dr. Leopold Valkenburg. He attempts to aid Baron von Kulk in unlocking his repressed Garou heritage, but discovers that the baron is possessed by a malevolent spirit. Valkenburg manages to drive away the spirit, but in doing so earns the enmity of a pack of Red Talons led by Dark Blood Gushing.
The history, geography, and people of the Foundation, including inmates.
Story One: When the Wolfsbane Blooms
The characters are recruited to become the Questing Pack.
- Moongleam (Level 2, Gnosis 4)
- Whistle Call (Level 3, Gnosis 6)
- Spirit Slayer (Level 6, Gnosis 6)
- War Paint (Gnosis 5, Talen)
- Summons From Across the Gulf (Level 6, Gnosis 7)
Story Two: Hostile Takeover
Story Three: Skins
- Ritual of the Sacred Rebirth (Level Five Rite)
Story Four: Weird Science
The Pack travels to the northwest to free a Lunatic from imprisonment in a government laboratory . Where Science and the Wyld meet, anything can happen.
Story Five: Dark Union
The dark secret of the Foundation is revealed. The Pack must ally with the insidious Black Spiral Dancers to avert the coming disaster.
The NPCs for the campaign, both allies and antagonists.
This book was reprinted in Werewolf Chronicles Volume 1.
Valkenburg Foundation (along with Werewolf: The Wild West) seems to have been partly inspired from S.P. Somtow's Moon Dance (1989).
- Judy Bonaparte (Female Homid Ragabash Glass Walker Lunatic) (Pg. 18)
- Det. Ed Caldwell (Pg. 39)
- Mary Canoe
- Carney Brothers (Twins, Ragabash Children of Gaia Lunatics) (Pg. 18)
- Marsha Catford (Pg. 71)
- Chico (Ahroun Bone Gnawer) (Pg. 68)
- Delilah (Female Homid Moon Dancer Stargazer Lunatic) (Pg. 18)
- Kelly Edwards (Consultant from DNA, Inc.) (Pg. 72)
- Dan "Dumper" Ferrel (Galliard Bone Gnawer, Pack Leader) (Pg. 68)
- Goltak (Black Spiral Dancer, died) (Pg. 82)
- Orson Gravely/Graveseeker
- Grey Nose
- Samuel Haight
- Roy Hell (Pg. 41-42)
- Victor Helms
- Rolf Hergmann (Pg. 72)
- Racer John (Ragabash Bone Gnawer) (Pg. 68)
- Joseph (Homid Philodox Silver Fang Lunatic) (Pg. 18)
- Kaloo (Lupus Philodox Wendigo Lunatic) (Pg. 18)
- Joshua Keating
- Det. Janice van Landingham
- Albert Laror (Pg. 36)
- Lewis (Homid Silent Strider Lunatic) (Pg. 18)
- Harry MacReady
- Harold Masters
- Onke (Female Lupus Ahroun Black Fury) (Pg. 18)
- Det. John Painted-Elk (Pg. 66)
- Red Fur
- Shadowpad (Tara Mitchell)
- Janet Shirek
- Shtüm'ta (Black Spiral Dancer, died) (Pg. 82)
- Dan Skyseeker
- Tall Wolf
- Ben Thomas
- Leslie Thomas, "Kela"
- Gretchen Valkenburg
- Guy Videretto (Pg. 68)
- Rick Woods (Pg. 36)
|Previous release||Game Books||Next release|
|Werewolf: The Apocalypse books||VTM/|