Welcome to the White Wolf Wiki!
Hi, and welcome to White Wolf Wiki! I've noticed that you've already made some contributions to our database, most recently to Wraith: The Oblivion lexicon. Thank you! We all hope that you'll enjoy our activities here and decide to join our community.
If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of WWWiki, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on WWWiki.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page, or to post them in our community page. Thanks, and once again, welcome to WWWiki! -- Russel Hammond (talk) 16:22, December 24, 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you! I'm glad it isn't a breach of conduct. I am going to stick with general glossary, Exalted, CWoD, and W:tA glossaries, however. I have too little familiarity with others to avoid making mistakes or stepping on their communities, if they have communities on this wiki. Small Earth Cat (talk) 16:28, May 9, 2020 (UTC)
Hello! I've noticed you going through and categorizing artists. Just wanted to help out with a tip regarding an artist that I'm not sure you've come across yet: Anna Borowieck, whose signature looks looks almost like A3, due to the style of signature. It's usually hidden somewhere in the image (like in the shadow of the cupboard in the bottom left of the Auntie Ally.png file), so I've tried to demarcate a couple in their descriptions where I can find them (Auntie Ally, Ybalashi, and Gerta). Thanks for your work! Saslen (talk) 02:33, May 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing this out, Saslen! I didn't notice that when I first looked at Auntie Ally. This definitely helps me. Small Earth Cat (talk) 16:26, May 30, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Curious about Badges
Wiki Badges are messed up, that's just how it is. We, as administrators, cannot program multiple criteria that award the same badge, we can set only one criteria per badge. So if you wanna get Werewolf badges you gotta edit articles encompassed by the "Werewolf: The Apocalypse" category. Damn stupid, right? Russel Hammond (talk) 10:17, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, I assumed that was the case. The weird thing though is I have edited pages in the W:tA category several times, and the edits don't count. Edits in Requiem pages count, for example. Also, I don't know if it really is luck but I'm getting incredulous at the absurd number of times I've gotten Lucky Bastard in a row. I'm wondering if something's up with that, too. Small Earth Cat (talk) 20:37, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Image - Fair Use Concern
I wouldn't worry. I do believe that's fair use, however, if we get notified by the authors we'll gladly remedy it. Regarding texts copied, there is no problem with that if it's just a few lines (it's not like the editors are transcribing White Wolf's whole books!), however, it's not cool when they leave it written in first person, according to style book that should always be edited. =) Russel Hammond (talk) 10:17, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm seeing multiple paragraphs in a row, or whole pages of text, copied down. I don't feel like rewording it in my own words is enough, and haven't known just what to do, but I do not feel comfortable with this at all. Small Earth Cat (talk) 20:37, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Category Proposals
Date Artist Credits
RE: just a question
Hi There. I can try to be better about that. I'll have to check the books better.
As to the artists... as I'm looking at the book they came from, I'd guess the H is for Jeff Holt.
Conversation re: fan feed
Regarding the Fan Feed
Hey, I saw your blog post regarding the fan feed; I have the same irritation with it. I'm not sure if you've found a solution already, but I used my adblocker (AdblockPlus) to disable those parts of the page. Specifically, hit the icon for the extension , hit "block element" at the bottom right of the drop-down, and click on the part of the page you want to get rid of ; this should fix the problem . I'm not sure how it works with other adblockers, though. Saslen (talk) 02:39, August 3, 2020 (UTC)
Edit: Also, if you mess up which element you block, or if you, for whatever reason, want the fan feed back, you can go into the extension's advanced settings and remove the custom blocks. Saslen (talk) 02:59, August 3, 2020 (UTC)
Hullo! Just tried to tackle the problem that you have reported, however, so far I was unsuccessful at solving it. It seems the achievements unique names just revert back to their default names as soon as I try to save'em. Already asked for help with the issue, and will keep trying to solve it, but thanks for warning me! Russel Hammond (talk) 20:46, 4 December 2020 (UTC)