Hello there, I have noticed that the asterisk was substituted by a strange image. Example:
- Thank you very much for your help, Atvelonis, that did the trick! Unfortunately, the asterisk was changed to the default version, but that is still a great improvement from that huge picture. Anyway, I know our friend IanWatson means well, but from time to time he can really screw things up for us. Russel Hammond (talk) 19:40, July 17, 2019 (UTC)
1) Thanks, for the advice, you're absolutely right. If you could implement those changes I would be grateful, cause I honestly don't know how it's done.
2) About the "Discussions", well, maybe we can leave that off, for now.
3) Those redlinks are being taken care of, one at a time. There's a lot of content yet to be detailed.
Russel Hammond (talk) 02:44, October 27, 2019 (UTC)
Data Dump requested. And yes, I think the page A World of Darkness has every variable necessary. Some have different variables cause we mostly copy what's in the books, but I think we can manage with A World of Darkness as a standard. Russel Hammond (talk) 22:27, November 2, 2019 (UTC)
Re: Broken file
Re: Design questions
Hello, I'm sorry for taking this long to answer, but I'm going through a really tough time in my life and had to take a few weeks off. But enough whining, let's get to the point, shall we?
1. Background image - I personally like the current solid background color. But then again, there are A LOT of cool pictures throughout White Wolf's books. My only concern is the fact that, if we arbitrarily choose some pics to illustrate the wiki, some game lines might end up swept under the rug. This is not like a Star Wars Wiki where we can use Jedis in one side and Sith on the other and it's all fine, know what I'm saying? Or maybe I'm just unnecessarily complicating things. What you think?
2. Main Page Experimenting - You don't need my permission, I trust you to improve our wiki - you just have to let me know what you're doing, that's all. Oh, it would be awesome if we could add a section to the main page where the news from White Wolf's own website (https://www.white-wolf.com/newsblog) would be displayed.
3. Sitename/project - You'll have no problems from me regarding this subject either.
4. My talk page - I don't understand why would I want to archive old messages. I delete 'em, precisely cause I see no further use for 'em - and because that also makes my talk page more "friendly" to the average user. Besides, in a way, they are archived in the history. So thanks, but no thanks.
5. Character Sheet infoboxes - I appreciate the infoboxes you have created to contain character sheets, but they don't really fit in their respective sessions (I guess that's what infoboxes do, they behave like images, they don't fit in neatly). Isn't there any way in which your wizardry could overcome that? I mean, it would be much nicer if Karsh's character sheet stayed in Karsh's character sheet session, even better if the infobox stays there AND fits the page instead of being so slim. Russel Hammond (talk) 14:48, December 7, 2019 (UTC)
Re: Theme Change
Hello Atvelonis! The white & blue theme is a nod to the White Wolf logo, so I still don't think a change in that respect could improve our wiki. But maybe, if possible, you could add an alternative darker version to the site, so people could choose between our traditional white and blue, and a darker theme (just like a similar feature found on Twitter, or Facebook, know what I'm saying?). Russel Hammond (talk) 20:41, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
It has come to my attention that the achievments have been stripped of their unique names. I have tried to fix them myself using the Special:AchievementsCustomize page, as I did in the past, but as soon as I saved the names, they have reverted back to default. It's not a major issue, but an annoying one. What am I doing wrong? Russel Hammond (talk) 20:41, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
What's the viability of such a thing? In particular I was thinking about a more graphical presentation for the "character sheets" as it were, with a possible pdf print tab as well. My primary thought was that a kind of dynamic composite sheet could be made that includes graphical elements (icons and the like) and stats as related to three primary game systems ccg, rpg, met, and within that a tab option similar to the one at the top of this profile page i.e the "About", "Talk", "Blog", "Contributions", "Activity". Not obviously with those tabs, but perhaps the landing page is this character composite three game system version (I'd drop a graphic version in here to show what I mean but I'd have to do that in photoshop, this is just a viability inquiry at this point so such a mock up is for another time). At the top of which would perhaps be multiple tabs. ala. the name tab at the top of an actual physical File Folder (Icon), that perhaps allows one to cycle through variants of the character ala. from different eras or periods of time as a sub category, and then another series of tabs that allow one to cycle through platform specific exclusive character sheets/mechanics. In theory a conversion algorithm could be made to produce such a thing on the fly, but I'm not thinking that far ahead or in depth. I'm strictly speaking of pages in which the data like the rest of the wiki is put in manually and can be viewed looked through and organized. Furthermore I was thinking on all these pages in general a series of icons could be used as identifiers at the top that immediately identify the page content type and its source. ala. the various imprints, and editions of texts. As some wikipages for example are exclusively or predominantly drawn from a single game source and/or text and lets be honest White Wolf has a ton of great premade iconography and graphics that could be redeployed. Thoughts? AshursAcolyte (talk) 16:19, 27 December 2020 (UTC)