- 1 Summary
- 2 Chapters
- 3 Background Information
- 4 Characters
- 5 Terminology
From the White Wolf catalog:
- The Empire of the Dead...
- The system. The establishment. The powers that be. Management. Since its inception, the Hierarchy has fostered an image of strength and invulnerability, power and omniscience. These are the masks through which the Hierarchy looks out upon the Underworld. These are the mirrors that reflect the faces of those who stand on the outside, looking in.
- The Keepers of the Dream!
- The Hierarchy exposes the bureaucracy of the Underworld, exploring the organization that is a character's greatest ally or worst enemy, depending on which side of the law she stands on. A must for anyone who wants to see the truth behind the masks.
Ghost Story: Verdicts
A Centurion is captured and tormented by both Renegades in a trial mocking those held by the Hierarchy.
Chapter One: Introduction: The Powers That Be
Chapter Two: Ex Libris: The History of the Hierarchy
Chapter Three: Culture: Inside the Hierarchy
Details on the city of Stygia itself, as well as the pecking order of the Hierarchy, relations between the Legions, and what life is like for the average Hierarchy grunt.
Chapter Four: Hierarchy Archetypes
Character templates based in the Hierarchy.
Chapter Five: Legendary Hierarchs
Famous individuals of the Hierarchy.
- Mike Danza did art for this book; his name was accidentally left out of the credits. He was later acknowledged in Dark Reflections: Spectres.
- The chapter titles are shortened in the table of contents.
- This is the first book to describe Stygia in any real detail; however, it is contradicted in some places by another description of Stygia in Ends of Empire.
- General George S. Patton - Old Blood and Guts is here, and he is in the Legion of Paupers, of all places
Wraith: The Oblivion books
WTO: Dark Kingdom of Jade