- See also: Book of Madness Revised
From the White Wolf catalog:
- The Darkness has Teeth
- Beyond the Horizon, dark forces claw at the edges of sanity, battering at the fabric of reality, seeking final night:
- Nephandi, the Corrupters
- Marauders, the Foot-Soldiers of Chaos
- Demons, the Renders of Souls
- Paradox Spirits, the Mage's Bane
- Umbrood, the Living Mysteries
- What are they? Why are they? Can we stand against them all? And what if we cannot?
- ...And It Hungers!
- The Book of Madness is a bestiary for Mage: The Ascension, exploring the darker reaches of magick's touch. It includes:
- Details about a mage's deadliest foes;
- Dozens of mystic creatures from the Dark Side;
- Storyteller hints, cosmology, and more.
Introduction: Elemental Howls
An overview of the book.
Chapter One: The Nephandi
Chapter Two: Paradox
Written by Sam Inabinet. Musings on the nature of Paradox and its manifestations.
Chapter Three: The Marauders
Chapter Four: Demons and Demon Cults
Chapter Five: The Umbrood
Written by Bill Bridges. New spirit rules, changed from those presented in the original Mage rulebook to be compatible with Werewolf: The Apocalypse. It also contains rules for the Ritualis Infernal (Hedge Magic paths which are learned by Diabolists), Demonic Investments, Magick rituals, and some new Knowledge Abilities. The final page lists some recommended reading.
Mage: The Ascension books