The Telvays learned to utilize the power of siela, the animistic spirit latent in the earth, stone, plants, and animals of their adopted homeland. Based on shamanic practices, these Paths combine aspects of both nature and spirit-based magic. Some Tremere outside the bloodline believe that Sielanic Thaumaturgy is an offshoot of Koldunic Sorcery and look upon those who practice it with suspicion and distrust.
Sielanic Thaumaturgy is not a distinct Discipline – it is fully compatible with normal Hermetic Thaumaturgy. It does, however, share some similarities with Koldunic Sorcery, allowing vampires with knowledge of the Sielanic Paths to, with extensive time and effort, learn the ways of kolduns through their arts.
There are also some similarities between Sielanic Thaumaturgy and Necromancy.
The Sielanic Paths disappear with the extinction of the Telyavelic Tremere bloodline, but with the resurgence of paganism in the 20th century Lithuania, a few Cainites have attempted to rediscover the lost principles of Sielanic Thaumaturgy based on incomplete and sketchy records. The following paths were familiar to the Sielanic tradition:
Path of the World's BloodEdit
This path allows the vampire to become part of the natural world, partaking of the abilities inherent in the earth, trees, rocks and life of any ground she is attuned to.
- Eyes of the Earth: Sense nearby goings on through the land
- Roots of Power: Draw energy from the land to strengthen your body
- Arbor of Protection: Merge your body into a living tree to hide from danger
- Course of the Beast: Transform into animals that live in your territory
- Way of Stone: Transform yourself into a living and somewhat mobile stone
Path of the Shadow WorldEdit
Through this path the sorcerer reaches across the border between life and death, using her own unliving body as a conduit for contact with the dead.
- See the Dead: See the spirits of the dead and gain some knowledge of their attitude
- Repel the Angry Dead: Ward wraiths away from specific locations
- Command the Freshly Dead: Command ghosts to serve your will
- Army of Souls: Summon ghostly warriors to serve as defenders or messengers
- Walk the Road of Shadows: Cross physically into the Underworld
|Vampire: The Masquerade Disciplines|
|Abombwe · Animalism · Auspex · Bardo · Celerity · Chimerstry · Daimonion · Dementation · Dominate · Flight · Fortitude · Melpominee · Mytherceria · Obeah · Obfuscate · Obtenebration · Potence · Presence · Protean · Quietus · Sanguinus · Serpentis · Spiritus · Temporis · Thanatosis · Valeren · Vicissitude · Visceratika|
|Blood Sorcery:||Abyss Mysticism · Akhu · Countermagic, Thaumaturgical · Dur-An-Ki · Mortis · Nahuallotl · Necromancy, Voudoun · Necromancy, Western · Ogham · Sadhana · Sihr · Thaumaturgy · Thaumaturgy, Dark · Thaumaturgy, Sielanic · Sorcery, Assamite · Sorcery, Anarch · Sorcery, Koldunic · Sorcery, Setite · Wanga|
|Defunct:||Deimos · Kai · Kineticism · Maleficia · Nihilistics · Rift · Striga|