Ever wanted to play a space opera game with an Exalted flair? Or a modern game with massive swords and crazy martial art stunts? Shards of the Exalted Dream offer a variety of settings and genres for use with the Exalted system, much like the “shards” first presented in .
- The world of Exalted has been reflected in the minds and stories of players across the world for over a decade. Now the mirror shatters, and White Wolf presents a collection of unique new visions of Exalted, shards of imagination to take your games through alternate realities, twisted histories, new genres, and even to the stars. In addition to re-imaginings of the classic setting, this book also contains a plethora of new rules to support those visions, or for enterprising Storytellers to use to create their own new takes on Exalted. What worlds will you forge from your dreams?
- This book includes:
- Four fully-realized alternate settings, including modern, space opera, alternate history, and martial arts takes on Exalted.
- Over 130 new Charms, including material for all Exalt types and full support for Drive and Firearms-based magic.
- New artifacts, vehicles, rules hacks, subsystems, and a complete new system for martial arts-based games, featuring 150 unique Techniques.
- The credits age included a message from Charles Spaulding:
- Recently, a lot has changed in my life, and I was given the opportunity to put my own touch on Exalted. In this, I could be content, if I had not met Carey. No day goes by that I do not think of this game, yet no hour, minute, or second goes by that I do not love her. I am not as great an author as my fellows, but these are some words I am proud to have all to myself: Carey, will you marry me?
- Carey said yes. Congratulations, Charles!