- 1 Summary
- 2 Contents
- 2.1 Beloved Servants
- 2.2 Introduction
- 2.3 Chapter One: The Arisen
- 2.4 Chapter Two: Life When Deathless
- 2.5 Chapter Three: Creating a Mummy
- 2.6 Chapter Four: Laws of the Arisen
- 2.7 Chapter Five: Immortal Foes
- 2.8 Chapter Six: A World for Exploring
- 2.9 Chapter Seven: Creating Timeless Tales
- 2.10 Appendix: Conditions and Tilts
- 3 Background
- 4 Characters
- 5 References
From the seller's page:
- I wield the might of gods, the powers of the elements, control over the living and the dead, and yet I cannot tell you my name. It is unknown to me, in a darkened corner of my memory, and I do not know when illumination shall reach me.
- I awoke in this ancient tomb, a crack in its roof introducing fresh air for the first time in what feels like centuries. At my feet, three broken bodies. I vaguely recall shattering them with my fists, or maybe it was with my roar. They disturbed me; now they are dead.
- What I know is that gods unimaginable to the rank and file of mortality alternate between goading, tempting, cajoling, and encouraging me. They want me to wake from my slumber, seek out their vessels of power, and return them to the land of the dead, where I might sleep again.
- I creak and pop my way into motion, Sekhem fusing and pulsating in my desiccated body — my sahu — and I take in my surroundings. Writings on the walls in languages long forgotten, but slowly returning to my mind. They tell me what I am.
- I am a mummy. I am Arisen. I have awoken to serve, but as a god among mortals, I will be worshiped. I will live again. My memory shall return, my power shall wane, and at the end of the tale, I will know all.
- I feel hungry mouths approaching my shattered tomb. The time for contemplation is over. I may know my name tomorrow, but before then I will feel the spatter of blood on my skin and the splitting of flesh and bone between my fingers.
- Mummy: The Curse includes:
- Everything you need to run or play Mummy: The Curse, a game of timeless horror and multiple eras of mystery.
- A deep setting of Iremite history and society, delving into the world of the Arisen and other immortals, sorcerers, and cultists.
- Powers ranging from the cosmic to the subtle, all at the beck and call of this game’s protagonists.
- Comprehensive storytelling advice to make Mummy accessible and enthralling to everyone from their first session.
Chapter One: The Arisen
Chapter Two: Life When Deathless
Summary of the origins of the Arisen, the nature of the Arisen existence, and the challenges they face.
Chapter Three: Creating a Mummy
Chapter Four: Laws of the Arisen
Chapter Five: Immortal Foes
Chapter Six: A World for Exploring
Settings for Cuzco, Denmark, Halifax, Antarctica, Johannesburg, Wellington, and Hong Kong.
Chapter Seven: Creating Timeless Tales
Appendix: Conditions and Tilts
Mummy: The Curse books