- For other uses, see Mirror (disambiguation).
The Contracts of Mirror are a set of changeling abilities found in Changeling: The Lost. It is a universal contract, available to any changeling who wishes to take it. The abilities of the Mirror allow the changeling calling on them to alter or disguise their form.
The Contract of Mirror should not be confused with the Contract of Reflections, which manipulates actual mirrors.
- Riddle-Kith: A changeling can alter their Seeming in the presence of other changelings, so long as they have dined with a changeling of that Kith in recent memory.
- Skinmask: A changeling who holds an object from a target may alter their face or limbs to resemble the target's.
- Transfigure the Flesh - Once they steal clothing too big or too small for them, a changeling may alter the size of their entire body.
- Oddbody: After eating part of a caterpillar's cocoon, a changeling may give themselves inhuman features.
- Chrysalis: Once the changeling commissions the creation of an object, they may turn themselves into an improved version of that object.
- Glimpse of a Distant Mirror: The changeling looks into one reflective surface and out of another. The outgoing surface must have reflected his face before.
- Know the Competition: The caster observes an opponent in a game against him; in so doing, he learns information about the opponent.
- Portents and Visions: The caster sees a vision either of the most important event relevant to his interests, or sees a vision of the most important event within the coming few days.
- Read Lucidity: The changeling learns the target’s level of Clarity.
- Walls Have Ears: The changeling speaks with an object to learn its secrets, prior owners, and weaknesses.
- Props and Scenery: The caster transforms into an appropriate inanimate object.
- Reflections of the Past: The changeling looks into a reflective surface and uses it to view a specific time or event.
- Riddle-Kith: The changeling molds his or another’s mien into that of another kith.
- Skinmask: The caster assumes a target’s appearance — both Mask and mien.
- Unravel the Tapestry: The caster replays the last 10 seconds or goes to the top of the Initiative roster one turn prior, so as to change his actions. This Contract can self-activate once per story on the wielder’s death.