Marseille (also rarely spelled as Marseilles) is the second-largest city of France. Located on the Mediterranean coast, the city has the largest port in France for commerce, freight and cruise ships.
Founded circa 600 BC as the Greek colony of Massalia, it became the preeminent Greek polis in the Hellenized region of southern Gaul. The city-state sided with the Roman Republic against Carthage during the Second Punic War and was an important European trading centre.
Vampire: The MasqueradeEdit
In the modern nights, Marseille is considered as a city of the Camarilla, and it is famous for its rebellious moods and apparent political instability. In the late 1990s Virginie led a successful Sabbat siege against the domain. After 2008, the city was largely cleared of vampiric activity by the Second Inquisition, when numerous captured vampires were placed in black sites and experimented upon in order to discover their weaknesses.
- Princes of Marseille
- Demetrius of Massilia (circa 1st century BCE) Ventrue
- Saint Regis (Dark Ages) Toreador
- Bourdona (Tremere)
- Carna (Tremere)
Mage : The Ascension Edit
- ↑ VTDA: Vampire: The Dark Ages Book of Storyteller Secrets, p. 16
- ↑ VTM: Chaining the Beast, p. 121
- ↑ VTM: Clanbook: Ventrue Revised, p. 21
- ↑ VTDA: Dark Ages Europe, p. 32, 49, 55
- ↑ DAV: Players Guide to High Clans, p. 44
- ↑ VTM: Milwaukee by Night, p. 51
- ↑ V5: Beckett's Jyhad Diary, p. 4, 18
- ↑ MTAs: Hidden Lore, p. 17