A Manifestation is a power granted to the Bound from Geist: The Sin-Eaters. Formed by the bond between the living human and the powerful geist inhabiting them, Manifestations allow the Bound to use the powers of death, and dictate how they may manipulate those powers.
There are eight types of Manifestations in all; each Manifestation works in tandem with a Bound's Key to create the effect. Quite simply, while the Manifestation tells how a Bound can use their powers, the Key dictates what will be affected by them. Manifestations are always dictated by a Bound's Attributes and, once called upon and successfully activated, will last for an entire scene unless the Bound chooses otherwise. Most Manifestations do not require much in the way of sacrifice from a Bound, perhaps a point of Plasm, but some of the most powerful and damaging skills will require much more to call upon, including Willpower.
- Boneyard (Geist: The Sin-Eaters Rulebook): The Bound who call on Boneyard Manifestations use their powers to affect the area around them, the can create classic haunting effects such as fog and chill spots or use the environment itself to attack a foe within.
- Caul (Geist: The Sin-Eaters Rulebook): Those who use the Caul Manifestations can manipulate their very forms, changing their body in all manner of useful and terrifying ways.
- Curse (Geist: The Sin-Eaters Rulebook): The users of the Curse Manifestations prefer subtlety rather than outright force, nudging the world around them to do their bidding.
- Marionette (Geist: The Sin-Eaters Rulebook): Bound who favor the Marionette Manifestations wish to control everything around them, from the inanimate and unintelligent to the bodies and souls of people.
- Oracle (Geist: The Sin-Eaters Rulebook): The Bound of the Oracle Manifestations are confronted with the visions of the future and insight into the natures of those around them.
- Rage (Geist: The Sin-Eaters Rulebook): Users of the Rage Manifestations are the most direct of the Bound, using their abilities for outright attack of those who stand in their way.
- Shroud (Geist: The Sin-Eaters Rulebook): The Bound who possess the Shroud Manifestations can call on their powers to defend and shield them from those who would do them harm.
- Pit (World of Darkness: Book of the Dead): The lost Manifestation is also the most feared, allowing the Bound to torment others with the powers of the Underworld itself.
Geist: The Sin-Eaters Manifestations