|Writers:||Chris Allen, Dave Brookshaw, N Conte, Danielle Lauzon, David A Hill Jr., Matthew McFarland, Neall Raemonn Price, Lauren Roy, Malcolm Sheppard, John Snead, Travis Stout, Tristan J Tarwater, Stew Wilson, Filamena Young, Eric Zawadzki|
|Editors:||Dixie Cochran, Ellen P Kiley|
|Artists:||Andrew Trabbold, Chris Huth, Prisilla Kim, Borja Puig Linares, Brian Leblanc, Subroto Bhaumik, Joel Biske, Jeff Holt, Chris Bivins, Leo Albiero, and Michael W. Kaluta|
|Art Director:||Mike Chaney|
|Layout and Design:||Becky J. McGarity|
|Creative Director:||Richard Thomas|
|Development Producer:||Rose Bailey|
|Setting Consultants:||Amado Guzmán & Pedro Ramón|
Agena Allen, Lathouras Athanasios, Arran Boyd, Michael Buono, Ian Crawford, Magkakis Constantinos, Jason Darnell, Edd Duggan, Steve Emmott, Lian Eyers, Jim Fisher,
Magkakis Georgios, Ellie Hall, Jon Hall, Frances Horrocks, Tom Horrocks, Luke Ijebor, William Ijebor, Dave Jones, Serena Jones, Alec Kleier, Grace Lapsley-Martinez, Jessica Mallegol, Jason Martinez, Amanda McCartney, Nathan McCartney, Raido McComas, Carl Miller, Stephen Mitchell, Cassandra Murray, Jack Murray, Kapsalis Panagiotis, Acacia Limoges Peters, Brendan Quigley, Alanna Quigley, Duncan Ring, Alex Robertson, Sam Schlobohm, Phil St Leger-Harris, Dave Solares, Fern Stewart, Adele Taylor, Mark Townshend, Kay Tucker, Paul Tucker, Jessica Wardman, Nick Welker, Mark Anthony Williams II
Bill Bridges for creating Mage
Everyone who participated in Open Development online for commentary, community, and critique
To my late father, Peter Brookshaw, for his pride when I got this job
To Sharon Brookshaw, for her infinite patience with wizards
— Dave Brookshaw
|Publisher:||Onyx Path Publishing|
|Published:||May 4, 2016|
|Price:|| Print: $39.99|
Mage: The Awakening Second Edition is the revised edition of Mage: The Awakening.
From the Onyx Path catalog:
- The world is a Lie.
- Humanity is cursed into a prison of Sleep, ignorant of the wonder and danger all around them. Ground down into slavery to masters they’ll never see, beset by a plague of cares to distract them from the Truth.
- You were like them, once, but now you are Awakened. You see the world beneath the Lie’s skin, and the Mysteries beckoning you into the shadows. Every day of your life, you hear the call of the supernatural, from the least ghost to the deepest cosmic enigmas.
- You are a mage, one of the Wise. You see, know, and explore what others can’t imagine, from the depths of the human soul to the hidden corners of reality. Armed with your spells, driven by an addiction to Mysteries, you delve into the secrets of the world. Knowledge has a price, and the dangers are many.
- This book contains:
- The complete guide to playing a mage in the Chronicles of Darkness.
- Reimagined Paths, Orders, and powers to create your Awakened characters and their allies, including an updated version of the most comprehensive free-form magic system in gaming.
- Five example settings across the world, from Los Angeles to Salamanca, each with a central Mystery.
- A brand-new look at all the strange places of the Fallen World, from the Lower Depths to the Emanation Realms, and what mages might find within.
Chapter One: Faces of MagicEdit
Chapter Two: Through Awakened EyesEdit
This part describes the Awakening itself, details the Fallen and Supernal Worlds, and explores mage society as a whole.
Chapter Three: Supernal LoreEdit
Chapter Four: MagicEdit
Chapter Five: Fallen LawsEdit
Chapter Six: A World of MagicEdit
Chapter Seven: Mysterious PlacesEdit
Chapter Eight: StorytellingEdit
Appendix One: Supporting CastEdit
Appendix Two: Legends of the FallEdit
Appendix Three: Conditions and TiltsEdit
Appendix Four: Spellcasting Quick ReferenceEdit
Background Information Edit
This book was originally named The Fallen World Chronicle like other CofD releases until all books were changed to reflect their revisions into second editions.
Memorable Quotes Edit
| Previous release:|| Game Books|
Mage: The Awakening books
| Next release:|