Mage: The Awakening Second Edition is the revised edition of Mage: The Awakening.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Chapters
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Chapter One: Faces of Magic
- 2.3 Chapter Two: Through Awakened Eyes
- 2.4 Chapter Three: Supernal Lore
- 2.5 Chapter Four: Magic
- 2.6 Chapter Five: Fallen Laws
- 2.7 Chapter Six: A World of Magic
- 2.8 Chapter Seven: Mysterious Places
- 2.9 Chapter Eight: Storytelling
- 2.10 Appendix One: Supporting Cast
- 2.11 Appendix Two: Legends of the Fall
- 2.12 Appendix Three: Conditions and Tilts
- 2.13 Appendix Four: Spellcasting Quick Reference
- 3 Background Information
- 4 Characters
- 5 Keywords
From the Onyx Path catalog:
- The world is a Lie.
- Humanity is cursed into a prison of Sleep, ignorant of the wonder and danger all around them. Ground down into slavery to masters they’ll never see, beset by a plague of cares to distract them from the Truth.
- You were like them, once, but now you are Awakened. You see the world beneath the Lie’s skin, and the Mysteries beckoning you into the shadows. Every day of your life, you hear the call of the supernatural, from the least ghost to the deepest cosmic enigmas.
- You are a mage, one of the Wise. You see, know, and explore what others can’t imagine, from the depths of the human soul to the hidden corners of reality. Armed with your spells, driven by an addiction to Mysteries, you delve into the secrets of the world. Knowledge has a price, and the dangers are many.
- This book contains:
- The complete guide to playing a mage in the Chronicles of Darkness.
- Reimagined Paths, Orders, and powers to create your Awakened characters and their allies, including an updated version of the most comprehensive free-form magic system in gaming.
- Five example settings across the world, from Los Angeles to Salamanca, each with a central Mystery.
- A brand-new look at all the strange places of the Fallen World, from the Lower Depths to the Emanation Realms, and what mages might find within.
Chapter One: Faces of Magic
Chapter Two: Through Awakened Eyes
This part describes the Awakening itself, details the Fallen and Supernal Worlds, and explores mage society as a whole.
Chapter Three: Supernal Lore
Chapter Four: Magic
Chapter Five: Fallen Laws
Chapter Six: A World of Magic
Chapter Seven: Mysterious Places
Chapter Eight: Storytelling
Appendix One: Supporting Cast
Appendix Two: Legends of the Fall
Appendix Three: Conditions and Tilts
Appendix Four: Spellcasting Quick Reference
This book was originally named The Fallen World Chronicle like other CofD releases until all books were changed to reflect their revisions into second editions.
Abyss, Acamoth, Arcanum (Death, Fate, Forces, Life, Matter, Mind, Prime, Space, Spirit, Time), Astral Space, Attainment, Banishers, Cabal, Consilium, Dissonance, Exarch, Fallen World, Familiar, Gauntlet, Gnosis, Goetia, Gulmoth, Hallow, High Speech, Hubris, Legacy, Mad, Mage, Mage Sight, Magic, Mana, Mystery, Nimbus, Order (Adamantine Arrow, Free Council, Guardians of the Veil, Mysterium, Silver Ladder, Nameless Orders, Seers of the Throne), Paradox, Path (Acanthus, Mastigos, Moros, Obrimos, Thyrsus), Praxis, Proximus, Quiescence, Sleeper, Sleepwalker, Spell, Supernal Realm (Aether, Arcadia, Pandemonium, Primal Wild, Stygia), Tass, Watchtower, Wisdom
Mage: The Awakening books