The Lore of the Realms allows Halaku to enter and leave the Shadowlands, or Haven, as they call it. Only experienced Halaku may make good use of this Lore, because only they have the innate ability to navigate and survive in the Shadowlands.
- Sense the Barrier: The Halaku may determine the strength of the barrier between the physical realm and the Shadowlands. High-Torment: The Halaku may only sense the barrier where it is weak.
- Step Beyond the Veil: This evocation allows the Slayer to physically cross the barrier into the shadow world, a lifeless mirror image of the mortal world. Doing so allows the demon to travel vast distances in the shadow realm at the speed of thought and return to the physical world at a corresponding location. High-Torment: Monstrous demons that cross into the spirit world create a "seam" in the barrier that draws restless spirits into the physical world, resulting in temporary but intense hauntings. This seam remains in the area for a number of days equal to the demon's Torment score.
- Ghostwalk: The Halaku may move between the physical realm and the Shadowlands, becoming visible but intangible on either side unless they will themselves to become substantial. High-Torment: The spirit storm leaks through, and the effect of it follows the immaterial Fallen around for several days.
- Reach Across the Barrier: The Halaku may reach into the Shadowlands from the physical realm without actually entering them, or they may reach into the physical realm without leaving the Shadowlands. High-Torment: The spirit storm leaks through to the physical world at the breach.
- Pierce the Barrier: This evocation enables the Halaku to create a temporary doorway between the living and dead realms, allowing other demons to cross into the Shadowlands if the portal's creator wishes. High-Torment: The site of the portal is marked with the spirit storm and draws malevolent spirits towards it.