The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
The Lore of Violation can be likened to a darker, more brutal version of the Lore of Humanity - it is the Earthbound's way of interacting with mortals, and is usually called "as subtle as a sledgehammer."
- Nightmare Sending: This evocation allows the Earthbound to send messages into the dreams of sleeping mortals. While this isn’t a particularly potent effect, it has a staggering range. The Earthbound can direct nightmares into the minds of mortals dozens of miles away, without even needing to see its target. This evocation is also unique in that, unlike every other evocation, the Earthbound can perform it while devoid of spiritual energy, and can even perform it unconsciously, sending out dreams even while it rests in stasis, in the hope of drawing mortals into its influence
- Mind Rape: This evocation allows the Earthbound to probe the mind of a mortal that they can see, scanning their thoughts and memories for information. Material that the mortal doesn’t feel is important is usually easy to find, while thoughts about things the mortal wishes to keep secret are more difficult to retrieve. The process of scanning a mortal’s thoughts causes them appalling head-aches, and possibly even leaves them bleeding from the nose, mouth and ears.
- Visions of Terror: This evocation projects terrifying visions into the mind of one or more mortals. The Earthbound can send a specific image or simply cause a mortal to see something that terrifies them. The mortal’s brain conjures up an appropriate image to explain the sudden rush of fear. Mortals faced with these images are likely to panic and run away.
- Enslave: While the Lore of Humanity allows demons to only nudge and subtly influence mortal minds, this evocation goes far beyond those limitations. With this evocation, an Earthbound can completely control the mind and body of a mortal, making them do and say whatever the Earthbound wishes. When the evocation fades, the mortal might suffer great emotional stress and lose their grip on their sanity.
- Devour the Soul: The most dreadful fate that can meet a demon is to have their soul devoured by another demon, their memories and energies fueling their enemy while their spirit is forever destroyed. Human souls, God’s perfect creation, are protected from this horrific fate — except from the powerful Earthbound who have mastered this lore. With this evocation, an Earthbound can tear the soul from a living mortal and devour it, draining it of energy, memories and even precious Faith. The mortal’s body lives in an irreversible coma for a time, while their soul is forever extinguished.
- , p.91-93
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.