The nobility of changeling society divides themselves up into thirteen (or fourteen) Houses. These nobles are predominantly Sidhe, but various commoner kiths have been known to have titles as thanks for valiant deeds.
The Houses are:
Seelie Houses Edit
Unseelie Houses Edit
- House Scathach consists of both Seelie and Unseelie Sidhe; the House as a whole has decided not to side with either Court. In the 20th anniversary edition, they are nominally aligned with the Seelie Court, but have little interest in Kithain politics beyond the local.
- House Danaan is the mysterious "fourteenth house" which plays a part in several Endless Winter scenarios (as originally envisioned by Peter Woodworth). Like House Scathach, they are equally Seelie and Unseelie. They are canonised in the 20th anniversary edition, where they are nominally aligned with the Unseelie Court.
- House Lorelei is one of the three Merfolk Houses, and represents Dagon in the Triat. It serves as hunters & warriors and is home to many predatory Apsarae. Like all mer houses it appears in Blood Dimmed Tides.
- House Melusine is the smallest of the mer houses, representing the Shelled One in the Triat. Scholars marked as an oddity for the lack of 'gilled' Apsarae, their need for air has led to a lack of trust from some of their fellows.
- House Syrinx is the largest of the mer houses and represents Vatea, the 'father of the merfolk' amongst his people. Their Apsarae includes many varieties of fish.
Changeling: The Dreaming Houses