No longer truly one or the other, they represent a synthesis of what they both were before and have been in the centuries since the Giovanni usurped the Clan of Death, and hunted them to near extinction. Still, some who continue to style themselves strictly as Cappadocians have begun to find themselves chafing at these new ties, entertaining the possibility of defecting to the Camarilla outright now that they are no longer inherent fugitives.
Bloodline Abilities (V5)Edit
As a member of Clan Hecata, a Harbinger of Ashur can purchase the following skills:
- The Ashen Mask: The Harbinger has a corpse for a Touchstone that they study. It is damaged only when someone besides themselves interferes with the corpse or causes it to become putrefied beyond recognition.
- The Gold Mask: The Harbinger can conceal their actions and those of their coterie, gaining the equivalent of 4 dots of Influence when attempting to cover up a death.
- The White Mask: The Harbinger is highly respected in their bloodline, and gets three dice to any social roll against another Harbinger, and two to any social roll against any other Hecata.
- The Obsidian Mask: The Harbinger is not really a Kindred but a wraith inhabiting a Kindred's body. Learning Oblivion Ceremonies costs half as much experience for them, and they receive two dice to resist control effects (e.g. via Dominate), but at the cost of a two-dice penalty towards resisting control effects over their ghostly self (e.g. through Oblivion Ceremonies).
- The Lazarene Mask: The Harbinger understands that the true agenda of the Harbingers of Skulls was not to eliminate the Giovanni, but all those in the Clan of Death. The Harbinger receives no Stains for killing other Hecata or their servants.