Fortitude grants the Cainite the ability to resist all kinds of damage, however it fulfills its part of God's curse in that it bred arrogance and overconfidence. Sometimes, Cainite masters of Fortitude become convinced of their own indestructibility to the point that they disregard even mortal danger, as their survival instincts slowly atrophy.
Like Auspex, Fortitude is particularly common among the vampiric bloodlines.
There are no individual powers for Fortitude until level 6. At that point characters may choose to gain additional Fortitude soak dice or learn a unique power. Included below are the official powers described in supplements for Vampire: The Masquerade and Dark Ages: Vampire. Sources are described below in the order they were printed.
Standard Powers (V5)Edit
- Resilence: The vampire can add their Fortitude rating to their Health total.
- Unswayable Mind: The vampire can add their Fortitude rating to dice rolls to resist manipulation and coercion.
- Toughness: The vampire can subtract Fortitude rating from all Superficial damage sustained.
- Enduring Beasts: Amalgam of Animalism 1. The vampire can extend their Fortitude powers to animals under the effect of their Animalism.
- Defy Bane: The vampire can downgrade Aggravated damage into Superficial damage.
- Fortify the Inner Facade: The vampire can use their Fortitude to resist the Auspex powers of Scry Soul and Telepathy.
- Draught of Endurance: The vampire can bestow their Fortitude abilities onto those who drink his blood.
- Shatter: The vampire become so tough, that they repel close combat blows, to the point where weapons break and bones shatter.
- Flesh of Marble: The vampire can ignore the first source of damage each turn, including Fire but not Sunlight.
- Prowess of Pain: The vampire can ignore penalties to dice pools from injury.
- Personal Armor: Weapons that hit you may break
- Sensory Shield: Protect your mind from sensory overload and suffer less wound penalties
- Stand Against All Foes: Cannot be moved from your spot by any force
- Alabastard: Ignore damage penalties
- Armor of Kings: Weapons that hit you may break, doing no damage
- Curse the Laurel: Slowly move stakes from your heart
- Resilient Mind: Your mind sheds derangements and animalistic quirks while becoming resistant to mind-altering powers
- Shared Strength: Grant your supernatural resilience to another
- Adamantine: Weapons that hit you may break, doing no damage
- Eternal Vigilance: Remain awake during the day almost at full strength
- King of the Mountain: Take no actions but fully blocking attacks, breaking weapons that you stop
- Repair the Undead Flesh: Heal aggravated damage without need of rest
- Armored Flesh: Suffer no damage outside of combat, and block attacks with your bare hands.
- Arm of Prometheus: Make one of your limbs completely indestructible for 10 minutes
^ Levels 1-5
|Fortitude||Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines|
^ Level 6
|Armor of Vitality||Dark Ages Companion||Pg. 84|
|Personal Armor||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 90|
|The Knight’s Bane||Vampire: The Dark Ages 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 221|
|Sensory Shield||Clanbook: Gangrel Revised||Pg. 64|
|Stand Against All Foes||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 155|
|Personal Armor||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 159|
|Alabastard||Anarchs Unbound||Pg. 110|
|Curse the Laurel||Lore of the Clans||Pg. 262|
^ Level 7
|Bestow Vigor||Dark Ages Companion||Pg. 84|
|Shared Strength||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 91|
|Curse the Laurel||Clanbook: Ventrue Revised||Pg. 76|
|Resilient Mind||Clanbook: Gangrel Revised||Pg. 65|
|Armor of Kings||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 155|
|Shared Strength||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 159|
|The Blessing of Vitality||Vampire: The Dark Ages 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 221|
^ Level 8
|Eternal Vigilance||Dark Ages Companion||Pg. 84|
|Adamantine||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 91|
|King of the Mountain||Clanbook: Gangrel Revised||Pg. 66|
|Repair the Undead Flesh||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 156|
|Adamantine||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 159|
|Armored Flesh||Vampire: The Dark Ages 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 222|
^ Level 9
|Arm of Prometheus||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 156|
^ Level 10
|Plot Device||Gehenna||Pg. 182|
|Vampire: The Masquerade Disciplines pre-V5:|
|Abombwe · Animalism · Auspex · Bardo · Celerity · Chimerstry · Daimonion · Dementation · Dominate · Flight · Fortitude · Melpominee · Mytherceria · Obeah · Obfuscate · Obtenebration · Potence · Presence · Protean · Quietus · Sanguinus · Serpentis · Spiritus · Temporis · Thanatosis · Valeren · Vicissitude · Visceratika|
|Blood Sorcery pre-V5:||Abyss Mysticism · Akhu · Countermagic, Thaumaturgical · Dur-An-Ki · Mortis · Nahuallotl · Necromancy, Voudoun · Necromancy, Western · Ogham · Sadhana · Sihr · Thaumaturgy · Thaumaturgy, Dark · Thaumaturgy, Sielanic · Sorcery, Assamite · Sorcery, Anarch · Koldunic Sorcery · Sorcery, Setite · Wanga|
|V5||Animalism · Auspex · Blood Sorcery · Celerity · Dominate · Fortitude · Obfuscate · Oblivion · Potence · Presence · Protean · Thin-Blood Alchemy|
|Defunct:||Deimos · Kai · Kineticism · Maleficia · Nihilistics · Rift · Striga|