False Life is a Dark Arcanos that creates powerful illusions of the Skinlands for the targeted wraith. At high levels, these can superficially resemble a Harrowing; however, False Life does not transport the victim to the Labyrinth, requires only one Spectre to execute, and feature no quarry or objectives a wraith can succeed or fail at. Instead, these visions can be used as temporary distractions or part of a long-term campaign to torment a wraith into Oblivion. However, False Life also generates Pathos for the user's Psyche, driving Spectres away from Oblivion with every use.
Like other Dark Arcanoi, it is exceptionally rare for wraiths to learn False Life.
- Scent of Life: the Spectre conjures a phantom smell for the target.
- Sound of Life: the Spectre conjures sounds that only the target can hear.
- Dangerous Distraction: the Spectre creates a complex illusion of scent, sight and touch.
- Love's Caress: the target believes they are in the presence of a person or object they love dearly.
- Homecoming: the target experiences a fully immersive illusion of a location in the Skinlands that is precious to them.
|Wraith: The Oblivion Arcanoi|
|The Great 13||Argos · Castigate · Embody · Fatalism · Inhabit · Keening · Lifeweb · Moliate · Outrage · Pandemonium · Phantasm · Puppetry · Usury|
|Forbidden||Flux · Intimation · Mnemosynis|
|Dark Arcanoi||Blighted Insight · Contaminate · Corruption · False Life · Hive-Mind · Larceny · Maleficence · Shroud-Rending · Tempest-Weaving · Tempestos|
|Risen||Fascinate · Serendipity|
|Jade||Chains of the Emperor · Way of the Artisan · Way of the Farmer · Way of the Merchant · Way of the Scholar · Way of the Soul|
|Miscellaneous||Alloyed · Behest · Connaissance · Displace · Kinesis · Leechcraft · Tempered|