Dominate's aspect of the curse of vampirism is that it devalues the basics of true friendship or intimacy. Dominate also dulls the empathy of the user, and one must take care not to become accustomed to being surrounded by sycophants at all times. Some become incapable of understanding why anyone would not agree with them, follow their commands or do whatever they can to serve them.
While undeniably powerful, its use almost always adheres to two important restrictions: the user must meet the eyes of the target and must speak in language that is clearly heard and understood by the target. Furthermore, this Discipline cannot be used upon Cainites of lower generation and cannot force someone to be self-destructive or defy their Nature. Using Dominate is often considered very heavy-handed, hardly appropriate within what passes for polite vampiric society, but it is also favored by those of age and status as an efficient means of asserting their authority.
- Command: Give a simple one-word order that a target must obey.
- Mesmerize: By holding a target with your gaze you can implant false thoughts or hypnotic suggestions in a target's mind
- The Forgetful Mind: Rewrite the memories of a target
- Conditioning: Over time make a target a slave to your will alone
- Possession: Transfer your mind into a mortal body and control their actions
- Autonomic Mastery: Start, stop, or otherwise control a target's bodily functions
- Chain the Psyche: Attempting to circumvent your Dominate commands fills the target with incapacitating pain
- Command Obedience: You no longer require eye contact for Dominate, relying on skin contact or your voice
- Fealty: Enforce oaths a target makes to you so they cannot be broken
- Implanted Opinion: Implant a feeling, opinion, or even a personality trait the victim will believe is their own
- Loyalty: It becomes very difficult for other vampires to override your Dominate commands with their own
- Memory Block: Leave a target unable to talk about a memory even while able to remember it
- Obedience: The vampire may use any Dominate power without eye contact. Touching their skin, or even clothing, is sufficient.
- Oberon's Grail: Erase entire nights of a target's memory
- Rationalize: Those you Dominate refuse to believe their actions are not their own
- Tranquility: Ease a vampire out of Frenzy
- Chain of Command: Should a target be made unable to obey one of your Dominate command the effect will be passed to one who can
- Dynastic Power: Control mortal descendants and implant suggestions using just a name or picture of the target
- Repression of the Obvious: Learn a thought the target is repressing and make them blurt it out
- Mass Manipulation: You can use Dominate on small groups at once
- Still the Mortal Flesh: Shut down the body functions of a target
- Strings of the Marionette: Force a vampire to obey your commands even when staked or in torpor
- Tyrant's Gaze: Reduce the Attributes of a target with a look
- Carry the Master's Voice: Make it so you can issue Dominate commands through a thrall
- Far Mastery: You can issue Dominate commands to someone you know anywhere in the world if you know their location
- Best Intentions: Make a target always act with your best intentions in mind
- Speak Through the Blood: Guide the actions of your vampiric descendants over the years
- Puppet Master: Override a target's mind completely and make them think and act as you. This power may only be attempted once per year on a given victim.
- Plot Device
Standard Powers (V5)
- Cloud Memory: The vampire can make the target forget the past few minutes.
- Compel: The vampire can issue a short sentence command to the target.
- Mesmerize: The vampire can issue a longer, more complicated command to the target.
- Dementation: Amalgam Obfuscate 2. The vampire can trigger psychotic breaks or nervous breakdowns.
- Slavish Devotion: The vampire can strengthen the mind of their dominated victims, against interference from other Kindred. Amalgam: Presence 1.
- Domitor's Favor: Makes it more difficult for a vampire's Blood Bonded thrall to act against them.
- The Forgetful Mind: The vampire can rewrite previous memories in the target.
- Submerged Directive: The vampire can use Mesmerize to embed delayed or triggered commands.
- Ancestral Dominion: The vampire can make their Kindred descendants to take actions on their behalf, without the need for eye contact and verbal communication. Amalgam: Blood Sorcery 3.
- Rationalize: The vampire can make victims of their Dominate powers internalize the commands and not realize they were compelled.
- Mass Manipulation: The vampire can amplify their other Dominate abilities to affect greater numbers at the same time.
- Terminal Decree: The vampire can now issue commands that are deadly or harmful to their targets.
^ Level 1
|Command||Vampire: The Masquerade Rulebook||Pg. 97|
|Command the Wearied Mind||Vampire: The Masquerade Second Edition||Pg. 161|
|Observance of the Spoken Word||Vampire: The Dark Ages Rulebook||Pg. 150|
|Command||Vampire: The Masquerade Revised Edition||Pg. 157|
|Observance of the Spoken Word||Dark Ages: Vampire Rulebook||Pg. 186|
|Observance of the Spoken Word||Dark Ages: Vampire Rulebook||Pg. 186|
|Trance||Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines|
|Command||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 152|
^ Level 2
|Mesmerize||Vampire: The Masquerade Rulebook||Pg. 97|
|Mesmerize||Vampire: The Masquerade Second Edition||Pg. 162|
|Murmur of the False Will||Vampire: The Dark Ages Rulebook||Pg. 151|
|Mesmerize||Vampire: The Masquerade Revised Edition||Pg. 157|
|Murmur of the False Will||Dark Ages: Vampire Rulebook||Pg. 186|
|Brainwipe||Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines|
|Mesmerize||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 152|
|Slavish Devotion||Cults of the Blood Gods||Pg. 104|
|Domitor's Favor||Vampire: The Masquerade Companion||Pg. 25|
^ Level 3
|The Forgetful Mind||Vampire: The Masquerade Rulebook||Pg. 97|
|The Forgetful Mind||Vampire: The Masquerade Second Edition||Pg. 162|
|Reveler's Memory||Vampire: The Dark Ages Rulebook||Pg. 151|
|The Forgetful Mind||Vampire: The Masquerade Revised Edition||Pg. 157|
|Reveler's Memory||Dark Ages: Vampire Rulebook||Pg. 187|
|Suicide||Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines|
|The Forgetful Mind||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 153|
^ Level 4
|Conditioning||Vampire: The Masquerade Rulebook||Pg. 97|
|Conditioning||Vampire: The Masquerade Second Edition||Pg. 162|
|Lure of Subtle Whispers||Vampire: The Dark Ages Rulebook||Pg. 151|
|Conditioning||Vampire: The Masquerade Revised Edition||Pg. 158|
|Lure of Subtle Whispers||Dark Ages: Vampire Rulebook||Pg. 187|
|Possession||Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines|
|Conditioning||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 154|
|Ancestral Dominion||Cults of the Blood Gods||Pg. 104|
^ Level 5
|Possession||Vampire: The Masquerade Rulebook||Pg. 97|
|Possession||Vampire: The Masquerade Second Edition||Pg. 162|
|Vessel||Vampire: The Dark Ages Rulebook||Pg. 151|
|Possession||Vampire: The Masquerade Revised Edition||Pg. 159|
|Vessel||Dark Ages: Vampire Rulebook||Pg. 188|
|Mass Suicide||Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines|
|Possession||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 155|
^ Level 6
^ Level 7
|Mob Rule||The Players Guide||Pg. 80|
|Mob Rule||The Players Guide Second Edition||Pg. 75|
|Repression of the Obvious||Clanbook: Malkavian||Pg. 27|
|Command the Legion||Dark Ages Companion||Pg. 83|
|Dynastic Power||Lair of the Hidden||Pg. 137|
|Mass Manipulation||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 89|
|Still the Mortal Flesh||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 89|
|Chain of Command||Archons & Templars||Pg. 144|
|Strings of the Marionette||Archons & Templars||Pg. 144|
|Tyrant's Gaze||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 154|
|Mass Manipulation||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 156|
|Still the Mortal Flesh||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 156|
^ Level 8
|Far Mastery||The Players Guide||Pg. 81|
|Far Mastery||The Players Guide Second Edition||Pg. 75|
|Empowering the Puppet King||Dark Ages Companion||Pg. 83|
|Far Mastery||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 89|
|Carry the Master's Voice||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 154|
|Far Mastery||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 157|
^ Level 9
|Best Intentions||The Players Guide||Pg. 81|
|Best Intentions||The Players Guide Second Edition||Pg. 75|
|Speak Through the Blood||Guide to the Camarilla||Pg. 89|
|Dominate the Descendents||Players Guide to High Clans||Pg. 154|
|Speak Through the Blood||Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition||Pg. 157|
^ Level 10
|Puppet Master||The Players Guide||Pg. 81|
|Puppet Master||The Players Guide Second Edition||Pg. 75|
|Plot Device||Gehenna||Pg. 182|
|Vampire: The Masquerade Disciplines pre-V5:|
|Abombwe · Animalism · Auspex · Bardo · Celerity · Chimerstry · Daimonion · Dementation · Dominate · Flight · Fortitude · Melpominee · Mytherceria · Obeah · Obfuscate · Obtenebration · Potence · Presence · Protean · Quietus · Sanguinus · Serpentis · Spiritus · Temporis · Thanatosis · Valeren · Vicissitude · Visceratika|
|Blood Sorcery pre-V5:||Abyss Mysticism · Akhu · Thaumaturgical Countermagic · Dur-An-Ki · Mortis · Nahuallotl · Voudoun Necromancy · Western Necromancy · Ogham · Sadhana · Sihr · Thaumaturgy · Dark Thaumaturgy · Sielanic Thaumaturgy · Assamite Sorcery · Anarch Sorcery · Koldunic Sorcery · Setite Sorcery · Wanga|
|V5||Animalism · Auspex · Blood Sorcery · Celerity · Dominate · Fortitude · Obfuscate · Oblivion · Potence · Presence · Protean · Thin-Blood Alchemy|
|V5 Amalgams:||Chimerstry · Dementation · Obeah · Serpentis · Valeren · Vicissitude|
|Defunct:||Deimos · Kai · Kineticism · Maleficia · Nihilistics · Rift · Striga|