- See also: Digital Web 2.0
|Written by:||Daniel Greenberg, Harry Heckel, Darren McKeeman with John Cooper, Jonathan Sill, Heather Curatola, Lee Chen|
|Additional Material by:||Bill Bridges, Brian Campbell, Brad Freeman|
|Developed by:||Phil Brucato|
|Edited by:||Ed McKeogh|
|Art Director:||Richard Thomas|
|Layout & Typesetting:||Aileen E. Miles|
|Art:||James Crabtree, Darryl Elliot, Joshua Gabriel Timbrook, Quinton Hoover, Dan Smith|
|Front Cover Art:||John Zeleznik|
|Front and Back Cover Design:||Michelle Prahler|
Special Thanks to:
And a special hello to Brian and the folks at the Safe House, for the use of the Spy’s Demise.
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Publication #:||WW 04004|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-106-2|
From the White Wolf catalog:
- Silken Threads of Thought...
- Between the keyboard and the mind lies the Digital Web, a Net of virtual reality spinning in an endless loop of format and creation. Fed by Quintessence and shaped by the Awakened, this unexplored Realm of living thought forms the newest frontier in the Ascension War.
- Weave Tapestries of Reality
- The Traditions, Nephandi and Technocracy wage a covert war for this new reality – a war hedged by the guidelines of the Realms and haunted by the threat of "whiteout." Wise mages tread cleverly and carefully.
- Digital Web is a sourcebook for Mage: The Ascension, covering the vast expanse of the VR Net. This book includes:
- New rules for the virtual reality Realms, including magick ratings, formatting, combat and "whiteout," the systems crash caused by Paradox.
- The Spy's Demise, a BBS speakeasy where Sleepers and Cybernauts chat, conspire and plan.
- Two ready-to-run tales set in the Net Realms, plus crossover suggestions for Werewolf and Vampire.
Prelude: Passing the BuckEdit
Introduction: The Word Made FleshEdit
Chapter One: Tangles in the WebEdit
Chapter Two: The Spy's DemiseEdit
Chapter Three: Tale RecursionEdit
Chapter Four: Deus Ex MachinaEdit
Chapter Five: PermutationsEdit
The Spy's Demise Edit
- Jessica Young, former Void Engineer, now the bartender at the Spy's Demise
- 23, an Iteration X information broker
- Acid, a Hollow One
- Kalydescope, a genderfluid Virtual Adept
- Agent John Courage, possibly one of the Men in Black
- Astarte, a Son of Ether mage who believes herself to be a goddess
- Nightwind, a Virtual Adept
- Timothy Blackard, aka Micro-Wolf, a Ragabash Glass Walker
Tale Recursion Edit
- Dr. John von Neumann, a Son of Ether, who has recently disappeared
- Bertrand Gerard, a Virtual Adept, von Neumann's apprentice
- Captain Vance Douglas, a Son of Ether, would-be starship captain
- Ilyana Tanov, a Son of Ether, assistant to Captain Douglas
Deus ex Machina Edit
- Ambrose Channing, Virtual Adept, a former Technocrat
- RES, a sophisticated computer system designed by Iteration X
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Mage: The Ascension books
| Next book:|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.