Defense is an edge path for the Imbued of the Defender creed in Hunter: The Reckoning. It is a protective path, but it differs from others of its kind, most notably Martyrdom. The edges are suited for those who are tactically minded. They are useful for those who know when to strike, and when to pull back.
- Ward - The imbued can keep weak willed monsters at bay, their force of will keeping the hordes of darkness at bay.
- Rejuvenate - Strengthens an imbued's natural healing, and enables them to heal others.
- Brand - The imbued can brand a supernatural creature with a mark that is always visible to everyone.
- Champion - Forces a Defender's supernatural foes to confront them rather than anyone else.
- Burn - Infuses the Defender with a searing energy that burns anyone who touches or is touched by them.
- Alarm - The imbued creates an invisible security perimeter, warning them if supernaturals approach.
- Lock - This edge seals anything against supernatural passage, intrusion or observation.
- Guard - The Defender can watch over someone from a distance, immediately being alerted if that person is in danger of being affected or harmed by a supernatural being.
- Stand - The imbued can temporarily hold off death despite being seriously injured, still able to keep fighting or moving.
- Protect - Makes the Defender resistant to harm from the attacks of supernatural creatures and their powers.
- Blast - Unleashes a ring of electrical energy from the Defender's body that expands outward, showering any monsters it contacts in a hail of minature lightning bolts.