- For the event, see Bitter Crusade (event)
|Authors:||Zach Bush, James Maliszewski, Joshua Mosquiera-Asheim|
|Developer:||Philippe R. Boulle|
|Art Director:||Becky Jollensten|
|Layout & Typesetting:||Becky Jollensten|
|Interior Art:||John Cobb, Eric Hotz, Rik Martin, Steve Prescott|
|Front Cover Art:||Brian LeBlanc|
|Front & Back Cover Design:||Becky Jollensten|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Years Covered:||1202 - 1204 CE|
|Publication #:||WW 02833|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-58846-214-5|
Bitter Crusade is a chronicle for Vampire: The Dark Ages that concludes the story arc that began in Constantinople by Night. The chronicle follows the Fourth Crusade (and the Cainites' accompanying Bitter Crusade) that travels from Venice to Constantinople, precipitating in the decimation of the Cainites of Constantinople and heralding the end of the Long Night.
From the White Wolf catalog:
- Warriors of Christ
- Pope Innocent has called for a Fourth Crusade against the Saracen, and knights from across Europe gather to respond. Cainites and mortals alike taint the enterprise with their own ambitions. In Venice, Cainites gather to decide on the crusade's course, only to watch it spiral out of control and head toward Constantinople and its powerful masters. Blood calls to blood, and the flames of mortal hatred burn brightly.
- Monsters of the Faith
- Bitter Crusade is a chronicle detailing the Fourth Crusade, the latest Christian adventure toward the Holy Land. Over the course of three stories, set in Venice, Zara (on the Dalmatian coast) and Constantinople itself, it shows how mortal and immortal agendas conspire to turn a holy war into a mockery and set Christian against Christian. In the fires that end it all, the Long Night itself comes to an end.
- Bitter Crusade includes:
Introduction: Innocence and Folly
Chapter One: Venetian Nights
Written by James Maliszewski.
Chapter Two: Fiendish Winter
Written by Zach Bush.
Chapter Three: Dying Embers
Written by James Maliszewski.
Chapter Four: Dramatic Personae
Appendix: Come to Dust
Written by Joshua Mosquiera-Asheim.
- Mary the Black, Vengeance Made Flesh
- Aimery de Versey, The Hidden Viper
- Bishop Alfonzo of Venice
- Guilelmo Aliprando, The Prince's Voice
- Tommaso Brexiano, Amicus Noctis
- Gabriella of Genoa, The Latin Dissenter
- Lucita de Aragón
- Narses, Prince of Venice and Archbishop of Nod
- Peter the Humble, Dark Acolyte
- Khadijah Saadeh, Ashirra Envoy
- Michael the Patriarch, Father of Constantinople
- Dominik, Fiendish Messenger
- Gesu, Saint of the Divinity Within
- Voivode Koban, Fiend Among Fiends
- Symeon, His Brother's Keeper
- Bodor Toth, Father of the Brood (alias Magib)
- Erzebet Toth, The Lesser Child
- Myca Vykos
- Gauthier de Dampiere, Hound of the Lord
- Rodrigue de Navarre
- Angyalka Pecely, Last Daughter of Toth
- Viktor Supek, Constable of Zara
- Devald Toth, Boyar
- Kilian Toth, Usurper Slave
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Vampire: The Dark Ages books
| Next book:|