Sprung from the Rituals used by the Angels loyal to the Lord, each Bastion was created via several complex Lore evocations that were woven together in a Ritual of unknown magnificence that enhanced mortal craft and were powered by donations of Faith that is nearly unrepeatable by the returned Fallen. Modern Demons can create smaller Bastions with the Lore of the Forge, but these pale in comparison to the ancient citadels.
However, remnants and ruins of the old Bastions can still be found in the world, if one knows where to look.
- Genhinnom, the Black Cathedral, the citadel of Lucifer himself and seat of the Crimson Legion
- Tabâ'et, headquarter of the Silver Legion and seat of Asmodeus
- Dûdâêl, headquarter of the Ebon Legion and seat of Abaddon
- Kâsdejâ, headquarter of the Alabaster Legion and seat of Azrael
- Ninâtan, the Palace of Sighs, created by Belphegor
- Erresh, created by Ekishnugal
- Tannilarn, created by Sehettan
- Kappesa, created by Zamael
- Thala-m'kudan, Grandfather Mountain, the first mountain in existence and a holy place to the Malefactors, who used his caverns as a Bastion
- Nactirum, created by Onianiel
- Ngaanti'iiya, created by Muku-Ngaanta
- Il-Ilum, created by Ocaedien