Avengers are one of the three Hunter Creeds who follow the virtue of Zeal. They are the main warriors in the hunt, whose primary function is to follow a cause with force. This often leads to them taking the fight to their supernatural enemies and destroying them. Unlike their Wayward cousins, Avengers most often hunt monsters which they know to have done wrong and generally do not consider the hunt to be a war. They tend to be obsessed with settling the score. Compromise is not an option. Most of them prefer to work alone and don't usually get along with other Creeds. Their Edges are generally aggressive in nature.
Some Avengers have learned how to create weapons that can sustain their signature Cleave edge without breaking down after a couple of hits. This knowledge can only be taught personally, and usually only Avengers are able to successfully learn it.
- Cleave: Any melee weapon the Avenger wields suddenly becomes much more potent. The weapon can be already dangerous, fairly harmless like a stick or even their own fists. They could even manifest a melee weapon where none was before, invisible to normal people.
- Impact: An object the Avenger throws at their target is empowered the same was as the Cleave edge. It must already be somewhat dangerous such as a rock or a knife. After being thrown, the object breaks or becomes lodged in the target. Doesn't apply to firearms.
- Wardance: A ritual for some kinds of Arabic hunters to prepare for a hunt, requiring at least three people, not necessarily hunters. When the song and dance is completed, hunters report a feeling of euphoria and empowerment, increasing their Conviction and Willpower; along with a strong urgency to hunt.
- Track: The Avenger touches a supernatural target and causes it to leave a smoky streamer behind, roiling in the direction the subject travelled. It cannot be touched, felt, or be scattered by wind or being walked through. The trail is normally only visible to the hunter who places it.
- Muse of Flame: When a hunter looks at an open flame, the flames will bend to point in the direction of the nearest supernatural creature. In occasion, the edge can activate itself to warn the user of a close danger.
- Smolder: Produces a cloud of thick black smoke. It shields the hunter from all mortal perception and most supernatural awareness. Sight, smell, heat perception and most hearing is baffled and even firing a shotgun barely sounds as loud as a finger snap.
- Fuel: Once per scene, the hunter can convert a single point of Willpower into Conviction or vice versa. They must be in danger or under some form of distress for this to happen.
- Surge: A tingling sensation that can be directed to different body parts and used for extraordinary bursts of strength, remarkable speed or shunted into the bones and skin to absorb damage.
- Firewalk: Makes an avenger take less damage from flames. High temperatures don't harm them. Anything short of industrial-grade temperatures is unlikely to do damage. Such protection doesn't extend to clothes and possessions.
- Smite : The hunter gestures, and something akin to lightning and fire erupts from their body and incinerates whatever they're angry at. It produces a blazing light, a deafening crash and ammonia stench. Electronic equipment nearby is scrambled and glass breaks.
- Harpoon: The Avenger can hurl a burning spear into the body of a supernatural creature. Unless they remove the spear, the hunter will feel an invisible bond to them. Normal people are unaffected and cannot see it.
^ Level 1
^ Level 2
|Muse of Flame||Pg. 71-72|
^ Level 3
^ Level 4
^ Level 5