Auspices are spiritual connections of the Uratha to Luna. The moon-sign that marks a werewolf’s First Change; a half-blessing, half-revelation of the first change. A Uratha has a loose role within Uratha society according to the omen of his First Change, mirroring the roles of Father Wolf.
- Irraka (ir-rah-kah): The auspice role of scout and silent hunter.
- Ithaeur (ih-thay-ur): The auspice role of occultist, tasked to learn the secrets of mastery over spirits.
- Cahalith (kuh-hall-ith): The auspice role of storyteller, vision-quester and lorekeeper.
- Elodoth (ell-oh-doth): The auspice role of judge and arbiter among the Uratha and between the physical and spirit worlds.
- Rahu (rah-hoo): The auspice role of warrior and howler at the full moon.
In addition, there are four rare Auspices connected to rare celestial events like eclipses.