Arthur Kilpatrick is -- possibly -- a bail bondsman and the proprietor of a Santa Monica-based bail bond bureau.
He also may be a vampire.
Biography: The Vampire[edit | edit source]
|“||Welcome to Kilpatrick 24-Hour Bail Bonds. My name's Arthur Kilpatrick. How can I help you?||”|
|— Kilpatrick to the Player.|
Biography: The Human[edit | edit source]
It's not known for certain who the human claiming to be Arthur Kilpatrick is. It's possibly the "B. Kilpatrick" listed on the sign outside the building, covering for his brother's disappearance either willingly or unknowingly via Dominate.
This Arthur Kilpatrick is a bondsman who operates A & B Kilpatrick's Bail Bonds in Santa Monica, part of the nationally-known Kilpatrick Bail Bond family business. He previously hired Knox Harrington as a bounty hunter, and then when Knox left, Carson.
Although casually sexist, Kilpatrick is quite friendly and he is always quick to answer any questions. Kilpatrick also seems to be rather neutral on the rising crime rates in Santa Monica, stating that it "ain't bad for business", which not only reveals a lack of caring about Santa Monica, but his high love for his own business and store. While he likes a bold person, he takes offense if someone makes fun of his weight.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- A Bounty For the Hunter: When first meeting Kilpatrick, he will tell the player that his current and best bounty hunter, Carson, has gone missing. He asks the player to find Carson for him as he cannot leave the office unattended.
- Jumpin' The Bail: After completing A Bounty for the Hunter, Kilpatrick will ask the Player if they can do him one last favor in helping him track down a man called "Muddy" Mike Durbin, who has three warrants for his arrest and missed his last court date.
Background Information[edit | edit source]
- At the Santa Monica Medical Clinic, Kilpatrick's medical file can be found on Dr. Malcolm St. Martin's computer in his office. According to the file, Kilpatrick has a severe tinea infection caused by untreated herpes, simplex 2. Tinea infection, otherwise known as ringworm, is a highly contagious fungal infection of the skin or scalp. Herpes type 2, HSV-2, are genital herpes as opposed to HSV-1, oral herpes.
- Arthur is a client of Hannah Glazer. She had an appointment with him on September 9, 2004, and made a note to bring handcuffs and an orange jumpsuit, since Arthur liked to play "Lockdown at the Womens' Prison."
- If the PC is a Malkavian, they will refer to Kilpatrick as a "keymaster." This is a reference to Ghostbusters. Kilpatrick was designed to resemble adult film actor Ron Jeremy, who cameoed in some of the crowd scenes at the end of Ghostbusters.