Animalism is a Discipline that brings the vampire closer to their animalistic nature. This not only allows them to communicate with and gain dominance over creatures of nature, but gives them influence over the Beast itself.
As Disciplines are as much reflections of the Curse of Caine as the traditional banes, extensive use of Animalism often leads to a withering of social skills, as users begin to prefer the simplicity and predictability of animals over the mores of society and the treachery of Kindred and kine alike.
Some devoted practitioners (usually elders who have reached advanced powers) forget that animals are not as sophisticated as humans, treating them as he would humans and expecting them to react like them.
- Feral Speech/Feral Whispers: Speak telepathically with an animal whose eyes you meet.
- Beckoning: Summon animals of a particular type to you.
- Song of Serenity: Soothe a creature, making them docile, and even help pull vampires from Frenzy.
- Quell the Beast: Cow a mortal into a state of fear or apathy.
- Subsume the Spirit: Possess the body of an animal.
- Drawing Out the Beast: When about to Frenzy, send your Beast into another person.
- Animal Succulence: Gain more vitae from animal blood
- Beast Walk: Hop from animal body to animal body
- Deep Song: Influence the emotional state of listeners with a song
- Eye of the Szlachta: Possess the body of a ghoul
- Gap of Ages: As Feral Whispers, except give commands to an animal and all of its descendants
- Pact with Animals: Gain bestial qualities from the blood of an animal
- Quell the Herd: As Quell the Beast but on groups of mortals or animals
- Sense the Savage Way: Share the senses of an animal
- Shared Soul: Meld minds with an animal and probe their memories
- Shepherd's Innocence: Gain the trust and attention of all animals
- Song in the Dark: Summon huge worms from the deep earth to shift the earth, creating caverns or earthquakes
- Species Speech: As Feral Whispers, except speak with all animals of a species present
- Tainted Oasis: Taint a land so that animals that feed from it become stronger and loyal
- Tier of Souls: Gain memories or powers from the blood you drink
- Conquer the Beast: Enter and leave your Frenzy at will
- Master's Voice: As Species Speech, except speak to all animals regardless of species
- Send the Eighth Plague: Summon beasts to devastate the harvests of a land
- Stampede: Induce animalistic panic in a group of mortals
- Twist the Feral Will: Force an animal to obey you without speaking or remaining near it
- Beast Shard: Split up your Beast and instill shards in others, making them more prone to Frenzy and making them more susceptible to your Disciplines
- Crimson Fury: Your blood causes Frenzy in any who taste it and diablerists must fight off your Beast
- Mass Summons: Summon all animals within miles of you
- Taunt the Caged Beast: Cause other vampires to Frenzy
- Twin Spirits: Possess an animal's body without losing control of your own
- Unchain the Ferocious Beast: Cause a target's Beast to tear at them from within
- Eyes of the Forest: Meld to the earth and use the animals in the forest as eyes.
- Flesh Bond: Physically meld with one or more animals
- Free the Beast Within: Enter a controlled Frenzy and gain several powers from the Beast
- Unchain the Beast: Cause a target's Beast to tear at them from within
Standard Powers (V5)
- Bound Famulus: The vampire can form a bond with an animal facilitating the use of other Animalism powers.
- Sense the Beast: The vampire can sense the beast within other vampires, mortals and supernatural creatures.
- Feral Whispers: The vampire can summon and communicate with an animal.
- Atavism: The vampire can cause an animal to temporarily revert to their primal instincts, forcing them to attack anyone nearby or to flee the scene.
- Animal Succulence: The vampire can slake additional Hunger by feeding on animals.
- Quell the Beast: The vampire can cow mortals and can pull vampiric targets out of frenzy.
- Unliving Hive: Amalgam Obfuscate 2. The vampire can become a permanent home for swarms of flies or cockroaches or similar small creatures.
- Scent of Prey: This power allows a vampire to become aware of any mortal in an area projecting the distinct note of fear produced by prey animals having come face to face with their predator, allowing them to quickly track and silence those who would threaten their clandestine presence.
- Subsume the Spirit: The vampire can mentally take over an animal target.
- Animal Dominion: The vampire can perfectly direct swarms and flocks of animals.
- Drawing Out the Beast: The vampire can cause a target to immediately frenzy.
- Atavism. Winter's Teeth No. 1 issue #3 Supplemental Material pg. 2
^ Level 1
|Song of the Beast||Pg. 91|
|Sweet Whispers||Pg. 156|
|Feral Speech||Pg. 141|
|Feral Whispers||Pg. 146|
|Whispers to the Wild||Pg. 191|
^ Level 2
|Call of the Wild||Pg. 91|
|The Beckoning||Pg. 141|
|Noah's Call||Pg. 158|
|Call the Wild||Pg. 191|
^ Level 3
|Sweet Whispers||Pg. 92|
|Song of Serenity||Pg. 157|
|Cowing the Beast||Pg. 142|
|Quell the Beast||Pg. 147|
^ Level 4
|Sharing of Spirits||Pg. 92|
|Ride the Wild Mind||Pg. 142|
|Subsume the Spirit||Pg. 148|
^ Level 5
|The Roving Beast||Pg. 92|
|Drawing Out the Beast||Pg. 158|
|Unleash the Beast||Pg. 192|
^ Level 6
|Animal Succulence||Pg. 77|
|Shepherd's Innocence||Pg. 76|
|Species Speech||Pg. 76|
|Song in the Dark||Pg. 41|
|Tier of Souls||Pg. 44|
|Deep Song||Pg. 42|
|Quickened Unity||Pg. 143|
|Sense the Savage Way||Pg. 78|
|Gap of Ages||Pg. 76|
|Tainted Oasis||Pg. 158|
|Shared Soul||Pg. 77|
|Quell the Herd||Pg. 61|
|Pact with Animals||Pg. 144|
|Beast Walk||Pg. 135|
|The Twin Souls||Pg. 193|
|The Tongue of Beasts||Pg. 193|
|Eye of the Szlachta||Pg. 69|
^ Level 7
|Conquer the Beast||Pg. 77|
|Master's Voice||Pg. 77|
|Twist the Feral Will||Pg. 78|
|Send the Eighth Plague||Pg. 145|
|Beast Shard||Pg. 193|
|The Devil's Claws||Pg. 194|
^ Level 8
|Mass Summons||Pg. 77|
|Twin Spirits||Pg. 77|
|Taunt the Caged Beast||Pg. 78|
|Crimson Fury||Pg. 63|
|Unchain the Ferocious Beast||Pg. 146|
|The Beast's Quills||Pg. 194|
^ Level 9
|Flesh Bond||Pg. 78|
|Unchain the Beast||Pg. 84|
|Eyes of the Forest||Pg. 64|
|Free the Beast Within||Pg. 146|
|Plague of Beasts||pg. 194|
^ Level 10
|Army of Beasts||Pg. 78|
|Plot Device||Pg. 182|
|Vampire: The Masquerade Disciplines|
|Animalism · Auspex · Blood Sorcery · Celerity · Dominate · Fortitude · Obfuscate · Oblivion · Potence · Presence · Protean · Thin-Blood Alchemy|
|Amalgams||Chimerstry · Dementation · Obeah · Serpentis · Valeren · Vicissitude|
|Legacy||Abombwe · Bardo · Chimerstry · Daimonion · Deimos · Dementation · Flight · Kai · Kineticism · Maleficia · Melpominee · Mytherceria · Nihilistics · Obeah · Obtenebration · Quietus · Rift · Sanguinus · Serpentis · Spiritus · Striga · Temporis · Thanatosis · Valeren · Vicissitude · Visceratika|
|Legacy Blood Magic||Abyss Mysticism · Akhu · Thaumaturgical Countermagic · Dur-An-Ki · Mortis · Nahuallotl · Voudoun Necromancy · Western Necromancy · Ogham · Sadhana · Sihr · Thaumaturgy · Dark Thaumaturgy · Sielanic Thaumaturgy · Assamite Sorcery · Anarch Sorcery · Koldunic Sorcery · Setite Sorcery · Wanga|