The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|This Century In Other Timelines|
World of Darkness: 900s BCE
- 966 BCE: Suleiman founds the city of Palmyra, in what is now central Syria, northeast of Damascus. It was to become a major trade centre at the junction of several trade routes.
- 965 BCE - 300 BCE: Himalayan Wars begin. Misunderstanding between Akashic missionaries and Hindu magi sparks feud. Reincarnation Arts ensure the feud is long and bitter. Ends through Akashic withdrawal and seclusion.
- 965 BC: Suleiman becomes king of Israel; moves to consolidate power in the Lands of Faith by building a massive Temple in Jerusalem at the confluence of many Ley Lines, in accordance with Hermetic principles. This upsets the balance of power between humans and djinn in favor of humans.
- 950 BCE: Career of the archmagus Solomon, king of Israel. Solomon wrote three magickal texts, of which two (the Greater and Lesser Keys of Solomon survive in watered-down editions. The unabridged books later form the basis of the Order of Hermes.
- 950 BCE: The Akashic Brotherhood enters India. They choose to stay in their northern camps, but are interested by the Handura, Dacoits, and other proto-Thanatoic sects.
- 945 BCE - 930 BCE: The great khans and pashas of the Invisible World decide that the meddling of humans in "their" world must come to an end. The 10,000 Djinni Plague begins in 645 BCE. Malicious spirit hordes invade the Middle East. Suleiman contains many; early Arab sorcerers capture or destroy the remainder in or before 930 BCE.
- 900 BCE: The White Coumatha begins the Himalayan Wars. Plague strikes an Akashic camp. Smoke Tiger kills the Dacoit Ranjit and accuses the Dacoits of murdering those destined to oppose the sect. Dacoit Acarya Natadeva and Vajrapani Chan Ng halt hostilities.
- The Himalayan Wars are unclear in most respects: the start date, the end date, and the duration. Many sources disagree, even within the same text.
|1000s BCE||cWOD Timeline||800s BCE|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.