| This Decade In|
World of Darkness: 1990s
- Cerebral Conditioning System Weaver Devices are developed.
- Black Furies travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina, determined to put an end to the rape camps there.
- Anarch Wars rage across the West Coast.
- The violence experienced among the tongs in the 1920s makes a return this decade in the form of street warfare.
- The Colombian Cali Cartel dominates the cocaine trade.
- The cyberpunk revolution gets carried into the '90s, thanks to writers like Pat Cadigan, Melissa Scott, Spider Robinson and Michael Swanwick lead the way.
- Maria Anna Vasquez, Chorister, vanishes during a raid against a Mexican factory. Most Choristers contend she's dead, while some few believe she'll return at the Reconciliation.
- The "Information Boom" turns the Digital Web into all that is best and worst about humanity.
- Lizard-people are the fad in Genegineer labs early this decade.
- The Progenitors' "mad scientist" phase of the 1800s affects their cloned leaders as late as this decade.
- Tensions grow between North and South Korea when it's revealed that North Korea has over 100 nuclear weapons and has been conducting ballistic missile tests through South Korean airspace.
- Throughout this decade, the Chou yan of the Wu-Keng begin training shamans in the Spirit Arts with which to fight the Juk Ak.
- Four agents of the New World Order feel compelled to leave China, although they cannot give a satisfactory explanation for why.
- Some of the Knights Templar are liberal enough to consider working with those who might accept religions other than Christianity.
- By this time, Tasygan is one of the foremost Dreamspeakers and a strong proponent of Canadian environmentalism and native rights.
- Virtual Adepts' factions are known as "legions" at this time.
Early 90s Edit
- First Persian Gulf War. Filmmaker Werner Herzog may have destroyed footage of Thurifuge that was filmed on Gulf Coast.
- Tom "Laughing Eagle" Smithson accepts the post as Dreamspeaker representative to the Council of Nine. He claims it's because he's the only one interested.
- Virtual Adept "Terpsichore" uses commercially available soundboards to create the first prototype 3-Dim Sonographic Sense Factory.
- The Golden Dragon Society investigates the Syndicate, and finds that it has ties to a corporation called Pentex, itself a front for a hitherto-unknown magical society which subscribes to an unknown paradigm. They're dubbed the "followers of the Centipede."
- After witnessing the Hellraiser movies, a talented Hollow One creates the Chains of Leviathan after those cool chains Pinhead uses.
- "Bolshevik Scientists" begin returning to the Utopian League, raving about Russian "witches" and a psychic barrier that hinders their work.
- Psychic Arlene P. Dietrich defects from the New World Order to the Sons of Ether.
- A group of Cryptogramics steal and decode a set of unreleased documents from the defunct MK-Ultra project, looking for a way to protect Virtual Adepts from telepathy.
- Catherine Blass emerges as a performance artist.
- Dark Vengeance begins pumping destructive computer viruses out of Eastern Europe.
- Horatio pulls his Horatio's House of Horrors into a small town early so he can investigate the legend of a ghost named Jack Dresden in a local retirement home. He decides to stop his investigation after realizing there's probably nothing to the stories.
- Daira Kashaf bani Shaea runs an Ambassador Chantry near Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Teague O'Connel contracts HIV and develops AIDS.
- Bernhardt Mueller loses all professional status – including much of his reputation among the Sons of Ether – for publicly predicting that a "hyperdimensional supercomet" he calls Mirzaba will pass close enough to Earth to be a collision risk toward the end of the year 2012.
Late 1990s Edit
- All contact with the Ahrimanes ceases. Investigators find their havens empty. While it's generally believed they were destroyed, Muricia may have led them on a spiritual retreat.
- The Assamite methuselah known as Ur-Shulgi awakens, breaks the Blood Curse that had been cast upon his clan, and began reinstating the strict doctrine of the Path of Blood. This lead to a schism among the Assamite, causing many of them to defect to the Camarilla or the Sabbat.
- The Asian economy collapses. The Shi-Ren are hit particularly hard. The collapse may have been masterminded by Choe Yo'ng.
- By this time, many Iterators quietly wonder if the Comptrollers in charge of the Convention are merely puppets of the Computer.
- In 1998-2000, at least two Canadian Wendigo caerns come under attack from military-style helicopters, but are successfully defended. It is uncertain who funded the assault.
- Samuel Haight travels to Mexico City to obtain the blood of the Baali methuselah Huitzilopochtli (who he believes to be an Antediluvian). He is killed during the resulting battle.
- Alec Cross declares praxis as Prince in Seattle. In the process, the Pioneers, the city's traditional power set, are politically displaced by the Camarilla at large.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.