| This Decade In|
World of Darkness: 1990s
- Cerebral Conditioning System Weaver Devices are developed.
- Black Furies travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina, determined to put an end to the rape camps there.
- Anarch Wars rage across the West Coast.
- The violence experienced among the tongs in the 1920s makes a return this decade in the form of street warfare.
- The Colombian Cali Cartel dominates the cocaine trade.
- The cyberpunk revolution gets carried into the '90s, thanks to writers like Pat Cadigan, Melissa Scott, Spider Robinson and Michael Swanwick lead the way.
- Maria Anna Vasquez, Chorister, vanishes during a raid against a Mexican factory. Most Choristers contend she's dead, while some few believe she'll return at the Reconciliation.
- The "Information Boom" turns the Digital Web into all that is best and worst about humanity.
- Lizard-people are the fad in Genegineer labs early this decade.
- The Progenitors' "mad scientist" phase of the 1800s affects their cloned leaders as late as this decade.
- Tensions grow between North and South Korea when it's revealed that North Korea has over 100 nuclear weapons and has been conducting ballistic missile tests through South Korean airspace.
- Throughout this decade, the Chou yan of the Wu-Keng begin training shamans in the Spirit Arts with which to fight the Juk Ak.
- Four agents of the New World Order feel compelled to leave China, although they cannot give a satisfactory explanation for why.
- Some of the Knights Templar are liberal enough to consider working with those who might accept religions other than Christianity.
- By this time, Tasygan is one of the foremost Dreamspeakers and a strong proponent of Canadian environmentalism and native rights.
- Virtual Adepts' factions are known as "legions" at this time.
Early 90s Edit
- First Persian Gulf War. Filmmaker Werner Herzog may have destroyed footage of Thurifuge that was filmed on Gulf Coast.
- Tom "Laughing Eagle" Smithson accepts the post as Dreamspeaker representative to the Council of Nine. He claims it's because he's the only one interested.
- Virtual Adept "Terpsichore" uses commercially available soundboards to create the first prototype 3-Dim Sonographic Sense Factory.
- The Golden Dragon Society investigates the Syndicate, and finds that it has ties to a corporation called Pentex, itself a front for a hitherto-unknown magical society which subscribes to an unknown paradigm. They're dubbed the "followers of the Centipede."
- After witnessing the Hellraiser movies, a talented Hollow One creates the Chains of Leviathan after those cool chains Pinhead uses.
- "Bolshevik Scientists" begin returning to the Utopian League, raving about Russian "witches" and a psychic barrier that hinders their work.
- Psychic Arlene P. Dietrich defects from the New World Order to the Sons of Ether.
- A group of Cryptogramics steal and decode a set of unreleased documents from the defunct MK-Ultra project, looking for a way to protect Virtual Adepts from telepathy.
- Catherine Blass emerges as a performance artist.
- Dark Vengeance begins pumping destructive computer viruses out of Eastern Europe.
- Horatio pulls his Horatio's House of Horrors into a small town early so he can investigate the legend of a ghost named Jack Dresden in a local retirement home. He decides to stop his investigation after realizing there's probably nothing to the stories.
- Daira Kashaf bani Shaea runs an Ambassador Chantry near Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Teague O'Connel contracts HIV and develops AIDS.
- Bernhardt Mueller loses all professional status – including much of his reputation among the Sons of Ether – for publicly predicting that a "hyperdimensional supercomet" he calls Mirzaba will pass close enough to Earth to be a collision risk toward the end of the year 2012.
Late 1990s Edit
- All contact with the Ahrimanes ceases. Investigators find their havens empty. While it's generally believed they were destroyed, Muricia may have led them on a spiritual retreat.
- The Assamite methuselah known as Ur-Shulgi awakens, breaks the Blood Curse that had been cast upon his clan, and began reinstating the strict doctrine of the Path of Blood. This lead to a schism among the Assamite, causing many of them to defect to the Camarilla or the Sabbat.
- The Asian economy collapses. The Shi-Ren are hit particularly hard. The collapse may have been masterminded by Choe Yo'ng.
- By this time, many Iterators quietly wonder if the Comptrollers in charge of the Convention are merely puppets of the Computer.
- In 1998-2000, at least two Canadian Wendigo caerns come under attack from military-style helicopters, but are successfully defended. It is uncertain who funded the assault.
- Samuel Haight travels to Mexico City to obtain the blood of the Baali methuselah Huitzilopochtli (who he believes to be an Antediluvian). He is killed during the resulting battle.