| This Year In|
World of Darkness: 1984
- An 1890 Analytical Reckoner prediction gives a 100% probability for total control of the human population by this year.
- The first cyborg HIT Mark rolls off the assembly lines.
- Victoria Kelly, a young guard, is discovered in the wreckage of Pentex subsidiary Liston Industries in Vancouver. She is awakened to greater possibilities upon witnessing a werewolf attack. She is shipped off to Hartfield Psychiatric Facilities.
- J.P. Goddard's The Love Poems of Heylel is published by Spiristi Press.
- Sandeep D'Souza steps down as Professor of Asian History and Sanskrit at Columbia University (New York).
- Rev. Montague Winters gets his M.A. in the History of Science at Harvard University (Cambridge, Massachusetts).
- The Annual Proceedings of the Arcanum contains articles by Geoffrey Truesdell and Sandeep D'Souza regarding alchemy., as well as an article entitled "Images and Archetypes of the Tarot."
- Blacktooth learns the yava of the Ajaba and uses it slaughter the Hyena King’s court in Ngorongoro crater. Ajaba numbers dwindle from thousands to just a handful in one battle. Blacktooth now rules Africa from Sahara to the Kalahari. The Bagheera Bastet, appalled, form a war party to stop Blacktooth, and are defeated.
- Alexis Park Resort and Spa, a Mediterranean-style resort, opens in Las Vegas off-Strip.
- A Thai girl, later to be "owned" by George Carreau, is born.
- The movie Tron is released, giving the world a glimpse of the Digital Web.
- William Gibson releases his novel Neuromancer, defining the cyberpunk genre.
- The Cell-V cabal emerges as a bet that the A-Team would never work in real life.
- Farouk al-Faris begins to serve the Hidden Sha'ir.
- January 14: Erik Trent of the Cult of Ecstasy sends a letter to Roger Thackery of the Virtual Adepts. Trent condemns the Adepts for their behaviour at the New Year's Party, which may have kicked the Pogrom up a notch.
- January 20: Lydia McKathaway of the Bank of Maryland sends a letter to Mr. Erik Trent, informing him his past-due balance exceeds $2,000 and he is six months overdue on payment. If he doesn't contact the bank in 48 hours, they will pursue legal action.
- September 13: A Euthanatos disruptor is found by Tecson in the Duplex Assembly Construct. When interrogated, he begins speaking backwards, but implementation of slow disintegration gets him to talk.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.