| This Year In|
World of Darkness: 1956
- The better part of the Russian Children of Gaia are hunted down and slain by the Red Talons due to their failure to prevent Soviet development of atomic weapons. (Note: The massacre of the Children of Gaia may have begun some years prior - see the entry for year 1949 for comparison.)
- Since its 1952 acquisition of Panflex Incorporated, Magadon has bought out a dozen more small pharmaceutical and medical firms, including Thrioson, Campesi Gerontological Research, Panacea Pharmaceuticals and Kipling-Jones. This year the company first goes overseas with its acquisition of Dunlop & Farrier.
- The summer edition of Paradigma contains Professor Red Shift's look at the history of the Council of Nine Mystick Traditions.
- The winter edition of Paradigma contains a look at the progenitors of the Sons of Ether, the Electrodyne Engineers from Professor Inherent.
- The human chromosome count is determined to be 46.
- Dr. Jarmyn Talbot is appointed Dean of the College of Linguistics for the first time. He authors three articles for the Winter issue of the Annual Proceedings of the Arcanum: "The Primal Tongue and its Significance," "Beyond Proto-Indo-European," and "Sanskrit Inscriptions in a Celtic Barrow: the Implications."
- Zvolen Lucenik, a ghoul, is recruited to Horizon from the Carpathian Mountains by Hermetic Adept Janos Sturvik.
- Upon meditating on all the different words for "spider" in African languages, Rabbi Elihu Witz Awakens.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.