|This Year In|
Chronicles of Darkness: 1947
- The "Flamingo" opens in Las Vegas.
- The Woolworth Building in Scranton, Pennsylvania, is destroyed in a massive fiery explosion without any apparent trigger. This is because the attack targeted the Woolworth Building in New York, but was transferred to Scranton via a defense Infrastructure.
- The Irgun break into the fort of Acre, which had been turned into a jail by the British. They free Jewish activists along with over 200 Arab prisoners.
- Nabia Abbot discovers a ninth-century fragment of One Thousand and One Nights in Syria.
- Jackie Robinson becomes the first African-American to play Major League Baseball.
- The remains of six Kindred are discovered in a bottling factory in Culver City owned by the city’s Prince. Among them are two Primogen and three of their high-ranking operatives. Each has been torn to pieces. Their heads and hearts are missing.
- July 7: Rumors tell that around Roswell, New Mexico, an unidentified flying object crashes. The government claims that it was merely a weather balloon, although several ufologists are convinced that it were actually aliens.