| This Year In|
World of Darkness: 1942
- 1939-1945: World War II. The Zmei Gregornous awakens in Russia at some point during the War. Nephandic influence is on the rise throughout. By this time, the United States of America joins, and everyone is involved. The Garou Teiresias is blinded by Nazi tormentors. The Sept of Fafnir's Brood is founded during the war.
- The United States forces citizens of Japanese ancestry to sell their possessions and move to internment camps in Utah, Wyoming and Idaho.
- Japan sees a series of conquests from the Pacific to the border of India. After the Battle of Midway, their army is gradually beaten back and confined to its own borders.
- Orson Welles visits Carnival in Rio de Janeirio for the documentary film project It's All True. He captures footage of Bone Gnawer elders dancing in the streets. He also catches Suarez, the Kindred Prince of Rio on film accidentally breaking the Masquerade. Suarez calls the studio, which cuts Welles’ funding. The footage is destroyed.
- Black Spiral Dancers discover a chantry of mages feeding off a location of Wyrmish energies near Giza, Egypt. They kill the mages and took the inverted pyramid as their own, establishing the Hive of the Thrashing Serpent.
- The spring issue of Paradigma includes "A Call for All Good Scientists" to join the good fight against Hitler, from Professor Burn.
- The winter issue of Paradigma includes a note from Doctor Danvers that the Allied forces' recent victories can be traced to Danvers' protégé, Jet Boy.
- Michael "Firecracker" McPherson, bani Euthanatos, gives sanctuary to an Austrian wraith. Tattooed on the wraith's body are words in archaic French, English, Italian and Greek, with new names and modern things in the text. The text prophecies that the "children of Abraham and of Daenna" will be destroyed. Auchmann gives McPherson a list of mages involved in the atrocities of the Holocaust.
- The Technocracy turns against the Axis, and joins forces with the Traditions. Situation Six, the first combination Traditions/Technocracy cabal, is formed.
- November 22: The tank divisions of the Wehrmacht pass near Volgograde, Russia. Obergefreiter Dietrich Walling discovers that one of the tanks is filled with soldiers turned inside out, apparently being still alive. A figure in the uniform of a Generalmajor and SS-Officer speaks of a far greater war to come, and attacks him, spitting in his mouth and draining him.
- December 2: The first artificial nuclear chain reaction occurs at the University of Chicago. Oscar Martin is one of the witnesses.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.