The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
| This Year In|
World of Darkness: 1938
- The Évian Conference. France, England, the United States, and several other European nations meet to discuss the problems of Jewish refugees from the Third Reich. It is decided to make no special allowances for them, sending most fleeing Jews back to Germany.
- LSD discovered. A variant, lysergic acid ethylamide (LAE-23), a.k.a. "pink" eventually appears. LAE-23 is eventually developed into the Weaver Device "Lucid."
- The winter issue of Paradigma includes Earl Oberon describing the Great Hall and the political organization of the Sons of Ether.
- Catherine Nichols graduates with a bachelor of science degree in physics.
- The alliance between China's communists and its nationalists breaks down, with the communists attaining the upper hand.
- The Black Wave wu assassinates the Ancestor of the Flesh Court, throwing the local Kuei-jin into chaos.
- Lake Mead extends more than 110 miles upstream of the Boulder Dam.
- The most remarkable realm of Innerspace is discovered: the Hollow World, where millions live on the inner circumference of Earth, lit by an internal sun.
- The Nazis discover and try to destroy Dr. Karl Heinrich Urlichs' Uranian Pleasure Manual. They're unsuccessful.
- Pisha is busy translating documents in Leipzig, Germany, by a purported Crusades-era necromancer. She feels an impending sense of doom, which becomes justified during the Kristallnacht.
- November 9: The Kristallnacht. SS, Gestapo, and Nazi party militants attack over 7,500 shops and synagogues. Thousands of Jews are imprisoned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.