| This Year In|
World of Darkness: 1879
- A Cherokee man of unknown name (and Kinfolk to the Uktena) who received the powerful and ancient fetish known as the Mammoth's Bone from its Uktena protector named Singing Water in 1838, dies this year. Before his death, he passes it on to his daughter.
- Roughly this year, Hezekiah Blake finally tracks down the Vinton Gang, finding them in the town of Bear Lake, Wyoming. He slays them all, including the leader, Dogface Vinton, and then begins to act as the town's sheriff.
- The Hermetic Order of the Rising Day is founded in London, claiming possession of Rosicrucian secrets and strict standards of research. One of the members of the Order is Benjamen Holmscroft, although oddly there are no references to his existence prior to this point.
- Master Archivist Nicodemus Mulhouse's last wife dies. Mulhouse becomes more withdrawn and cantankerous, if such a thing is possible.
- Sister Genevieve, Chorister and author of the Enchiridion, is born.
- Electrodyne Engineer Dr. Karl Heinrich Ulrichs writes a comprehensive Grimoire entitled the Uranian Pleasure Manual, which contains illustrations of 360 sexual positions.