| This Year In|
World of Darkness: 1453
- 1337 - 1453: The Hundred Years' War. England is defeated and loses its holdings on the continent.
- Tezghul the Insane leads horde out of Lithuania. He burns cities along the Baltic Seas, founds Kupala Alka among the ruins as a monument to depravity. Other Pagan sects oppose the horde and are slaughtered. A sickening ritual dedicates the Blood Lake Cray to his demon patrons.
- Spurred on due to Doissetep's refusal to host the convocation of mages, construction of Horizon proceeds. Crays are consecrated and tied together. Founders battle demigod Urúshlakhg'run in the spirit world.
- Duc Rivallon de Corbie, Honestus Resplenden of the Cabal of Pure Thought, wages war against Order of Hermes and Pagans across France.
- Verbenae establish underwater Chantry of Eska (North Sea), set up second Chantry near ruins of Baerwald.
- Magi begin to tie dedicated Crays into a single location, carving a huge Realm from the Tellurian. An immense Umbral Lord, Urúshlakhg'run, contests the choice of location and initiates battle. During the fight, it rends the earth, causing the Sleeping Giant Inlets. Nightshade's apprentice Qi-Nagi falls to Urúshlakhg'run at Keyhole Pass, but her sacrifice allows magi to defeat the Umbrood and chain it beneath the Horizon Range.
- Ottoman Turks capture Constantinople and overthrow the Byzantine Empire.
- France expells the last British troops from its land, ending the Hundred Years' War.
- Note: a number of early Mage: The Ascension sources (beginning with the First Edition rulebook) erroneously place the publication of Copernicus' theory that established the heliocentric model in 1453, not 1543. Later sources corrected this error.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.